What has Thaksin really done for the poor?

Flashermac

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J2 knows what I mean. Wrongs are never right, no matter which side does them. Thaksin fiddled his last election, which sort of gets overlooked too. The other parties even refused to take part in it.

BTW Thaksin pushed the army to the limit, sort of daring them to try to overthrow him. How? By interfering with their selection of top officers ... even putting his cousin in as number one. Should they have staged a coup? Of course not. But Mr T will not stop until he regains power or dies of old age in self-imposed exile.

I have never seen the country this divided in the 37 years I've been here.

Thais are very polarized right now ... Thaksin has even divided families. One of my students told me she cannot even talk politics around her father, since he thinks Thaksin walks on water and gets angry if she disagrees. Others have said more or less the same thing.

:yeahthat:

Exactly the same thing in the wifes family.

Family members who live in Ubon Ratchathani are Pro-Thaksin whereas Bangkokians are Anti-Thaksin and the divide has nothing to do with wealth.

In a large part because Thaksin did fark all for areas that did not support him ... e.g. Bangkok and the South. He rewarded the regions that did and now they are returning the favour.

Ummm ... your wife's family doesn't happen to own a department store or something in Ubon, do they? :hmmm:

• 2 months later...
What a fuck...... WASTE OF TIME trying to have a discussion' date=' yep all thais dont want to or they are too thick to discuss anything/ I bow down to the whoremongers!!!

Flash is right in my IMO jesus[/quote']

Mate,

With all due respect I think you are approaching Thai culture and its people with a universalistic view (based on your native society). Things work different here and people work different here; Their whole world view is different from yours and you need to be sensitive to that. Doesn't mean you (I) have to like it, but at least make the effort to understand it.

Finally, it does not mean that we think Thais are "too thick" as you put it, it's just a recognition that they're different. You might eventually recognize that too, once you get past your drunken whore-mongering... :content:

I bow to your superior knowledge, what an arse.........h

Archived