What has Thaksin really done for the poor?

Flashermac

Flash why not ask some Thais instead of posting on a whore mongers forum then you may get some answers Instead of your wifes and your views.

Flashermac did not ask the question, he is just quoting the article. Don't shoot the messenger.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clubsiam, exactly: my gf yesterday bored me for half an hour mentioning all these nice things coming from the good man and how sad it is apeshit won't "awk pai" and OK Taksin did a few things wrong.

I replied by telling 9 months to new elections was a good deal.

Not acceptable she said.

Don't ya reds need to prepare then?

Prepare for what? :dunno:

Flash why not ask some Thais instead of posting on a whore mongers forum then you may get some answers Instead of your wifes and your views.

I LIVE in Thailand, I haven't set foot outside the bloody country in about 6 years, I see the bloody Red Shirts almost every day, I speak fluent Thai, I read Thai and scan the Thai language papers every day, I'm surrounded by Thai students ... and I get told I should talk to some Thais. :surprised:

Apparently, I must live in that cave with Osama. :happyeaster:

Clubsiam, exactly: my gf yesterday bored me for half an hour mentioning all these nice things coming from the good man and how sad it is apeshit won't "awk pai" and OK Taksin did a few things wrong.

I replied by telling 9 months to new elections was a good deal.

Not acceptable she said.

Don't ya reds need to prepare then?

Prepare for what? :dunno:

Various pro-reds have told me some of the thing Thaksin did :

- built the underground

- built the skytrain

- built the bridges across the river

- built the expressway

- invented the mobile phone

:dunno:

I agree with you here. I have discussed this with a few expats, and tried to make the point that sooner or later I can see all these factions fighting it out with one another. Some disagree with me, others agree. Many Thais I talk to here say sooner or later it will all go violent...I mean how long will the military tolerate grenade attacks?

yes like it's been for like how many years now? :sleeping:

btw that nice list of 'stuff' for the bkk (car) people - why would reds/farmers care 1 bit? :hmmm:

sure it's a crazy claim that thaksin 'did' those, but ever worse it's totally 'elite' stuff that surely a bkk mayer needs to be popular, but even a PM knows is not for the 'people', but the few who have it all...

Archived