Classic Rock?

shygye

Music is in the ear of the beholder.

Drunk, at 3am in some bar I'd say Chicago, but wouldn't listen to them any other time.

I like the Allman Brothers but wouldn't call that particular track Classic.

Not many rules in Rock and Roll....

As I mentioned in the thread that triggered this one "Classic" only relates to each and every owns experiences. I was fortunate enough (from a live music perspective) in a UK City where every British band wanted to play.

Of all the bands I saw in the late 70's / Early 80's (Zep, Floyd, Sabbath, Genesis, Yes, Rush, Aerosmith etc) there is one that still stands out today and that is THE WHO

Way back then me and my mates used haul our gear from youth club to church hall trying to infroduce folks to good music palying is empty halls. Even Ian Killminster (Lemmy) admits the reason he sings with mike so high up is that when he played a gige with ten men and a dog he could not see the ten men and a dog. We actualy beleived that Frank Zappa wrote "Joes Garage" after seeing us.

But as we get older our antiestablismenism also wains and we tend to mellow out, as Iam Anderson would say "Too Old Too Rock and Roll But Too Young Too Die" and personaly I love listening to acousic versions of what were rocking tunes 30-40 years ago.

Mt Fave is Pete Townsend playing an acoustic version of Behind Blue Eyes" .... I can play it like this this at home on my Acostic at home and often do when guests are round and we play "Pass the Guitar"

If you make it to 2:32 you may understand my Sig

VKKXafgNY44

Look, a lot of that music was great in its day, but let's face it, that "day" was over 40 years ago in some cases! I (and many of you) have been hearing that stuff for four decades now, isn't it time to listen to something new?!

BTW, Chicago totally rocked on its first album, and then intermittently until its third album (which is where 25 or 6 to 4 comes from); after that they for the most part degraded into MOR muzak...

Archived