TQ1 burned down

Damen

I just went to stop in for a drink at the TQ1 and the placed just burned down. The fire was out but it looks like a total disaster from the outside.

Judging from the gaping holes in the roof, it looks like it might have started at the back of the bar, furthest from the entrance.

Munchie, Pattaya remains the only place where I have been in a bar (of any description) at 8am with people eager to serve me alcohol. I know there are 24-hour bars in various parts of the world, but I imagine that you are still cocooned in the 'nightclub' style atmosphere (ala Vegas ..) at most of them, not surrounded by the glaring truth of just how bloody unattractive Soi 7 really is. :smirk:

Definitely not one of my favorite bars and hope no injuries occurred.

But, not a problem for TQ regulars, surely the Coconut Road [beach Rd.) gals will gladly help out :D

Rookie,

I agree that the clientel seem to be rather "Clique" and I am one of them whenever in Pattaya since "Woody", the owner, is a good friend of mine due to involvment with the "Jesters Care4Kids" charity.

I heard from a mutual friend this morning that no one was hurt and Woody expects to refurbish and be open for business again in approx 2 weeks time.

xIscSLQKi8U

I agree that the clientel seem to be rather "Clique" .... Woody expects to refurbish and be open for business again in approx 2 weeks time.

In years past I've definitely enjoyed a few of the gals there, but for me like some residents, the allure of go-go's eventually wears off and one seeks other avenues.

In past times I'd chatted with the owner yet didn't know that was Woody, though I'm quite familiar with the Jester's charity work.

TQ was a great place to get a cold beer on a hot day, especially if you are found of rock music.

While they were never a threat to put other gogo's out of business based on their selection of girls, there were usually a couple girls worthy of a barfine.

Mekong, any word on how it started?

Archived