PM announce: election 14Nov

WorldFun

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/PM-announces-next-election-will-be-held-on-Nov-14-30128502.html

special/sudden speech On all national tv channels ~21:15-21:30 ;)

so will this be it?

"Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva announced Monday night on TV that he will hold the next election on November 14 if if his roadmap to solve the political problems is not interrupted.

He said the road map has five elements as following:

1) All parties concerned must join forces to uphold the monarchy.

2) The government will carry out national reform to do away with injustice in the economic and olitical structures.

As part of the process, the government will provide good social welfare, education, health etc, as well as other things to people suffering from other plights.

3) The government will ensure that the media will function as a constructive tool.

4) The government will set up an independent committee to investigate the deaths and injuries in clashes between troops, police and protesters on April 10, at Silom and on Vibhavadi Road.

5) The government will take actions to study the public feelings of injustice regarding to political system, especially after what happened over last few years, and try to solve the problems."

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

surely not much in his 5 point game plan, but better keep it clear & simple yeah? :)

earlier today I believe statements by various folks about clearance of the protesters with armoured vehicles...

I say it's action time for better & worse - better be prepared!

I suppose a compromise is one way to end this, but let's not kid ourselves here. There is nothing democratic about giving in to terrorists and it sets a horrible precedent. For instance, when can we expect the Muslims from the south to shut down Bangkok to get their separate country?

Nope, at Tienanmen the tanks initially stopped ->

as it is Thailand I don't see the Thai army playing the Guadalcanal meat grinders kind of scenario...

Well even if the APC went in -> there would certainly less reds splattered/dead than Thais killed in traffic accident during one Songkran day

(sorry I am far too cynical and don't feel enough compassion as human being for the reds)

:banghead::cussing:

Guest lazyphil

the thai army seem to be morte robust cracking down in the south-whats the body count down there?....sure i read 4000

Archived