PM announce: election 14Nov

WorldFun

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SpiceMan-

Agreed the post should have been worded a lot differently but I doubt that this is a prison offense, even in Thailand, as it sounds kind of like a joke. In bad taste, but a joke.

Did you catch this post in one of the other threads?

“My wifes' sister is good friends with the son of the oncologist who travelled to Dubai to treat toxin. Situation is indeed getter worse....."

For sheer stupidity this post takes all awards as it is a specific claim that the poster attributed to a specific individual who is well known in Thailand and a very prominent member of the medical community. As a respected medical professional he would have no choice but to defend himself as people choose doctors based on reputation. This comment hurts that reputation and the poster would have to prove that his attempt to insert himself into this level of Thai society is based on fact: that the father said this to the son who said this to the sister who said this to his wife who said it to him.

He can't.

Also believe that any of the dozens of lawyers Thaksin has on retainer would jump on this as well. Again, the poster has to prove he knows who he claims and that they said that.

He can't.

What everyone who reads this and other boards should have learned from the NotStickman thing that may still be going on is that libel and slander are criminal offenses in Thailand and, yes, people can go to jail or loose everything they own (in Thailand) when they try to hurt people on the net. This comment intentionally hurts a reputation.

See the difference?

They can't via IP but easily can via the board. Waerth has been pretty open about his identity and there are surely not that many Farang playing in comedian group for years and regularly using the board here. Just my 2 cents.

Nevertheless I sympathize with Wearth, I really hope these bastards don't get of the hook that easy. However, as this is Thailand I wouldn't be suprised if no action will be taken against them.

The abominable Thanong is at it again with his poor-style gossipy piece of crap that he calls an Editorial , ferociously victimizing the beloved PM Abhisit with unprecedented cruelty.

Interestingly, he's making a bold move by proposing a curious theory as follows:

Newin Chidchob of the Bhumjai Thai was not consulted either. He was also mad at Abhisit. It appeared that Abhisit would like to isolate the Bhumjai Thai and seek an alliance with the Pheu Thai instead. After this scene of the "great pretender", anything can happen in Thai politics.

Archived