Army chief's tactics force election offer

Flashermac

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Under Thaksin's regime, all the negative you cite were 10 times worse!

People that questioned what he was doing were thrown in jail. The judiciary went along with everything he wanted.

You seem to have a very short memory. Never mention the dark day's of Thaksin's dictatorship. That's what it was, under the guise of a democracy. Democracy like Uganda, etc.

I would say most wars and conflicts have a religious cause.

Hmm, I thought I didn't need to clarify, but in my view, all religions are political tools of governing and so all religious wars are political wars. I'm sure you see this much.

Two examples: 1) Bush's election in 2000. That was very simply a coup by the Supreme Court. It was so bad they wrote in the opinion that it was not to be used as case law precedent! 2) The recent Citizens United ruling allowing full on buying of politicians by corporations. Unbelievable.

If you do not think US media is censored, you haver your head up your ass. It is owned by big corps and their lobbyists, who now unabashedly own the politicians. Hence they do not publish anything they do not want heard. Even demonstrable lies on news programs are OK, as ruled by the courts (link).

If you think the US is much different that LoS, you're not paying attention. It is just dressed up a bit nicer, that's all.

red shirts have closed down the city and murdered a bunch of people

- They have closed down a street not a city' date='

- you don't [u']know[/u] who murdered who.

Not closed down the city? Tell it to the 30k folks (mostly clerks/maids/etc) who have gone without pay for six weeks. Tell it to the small business owners who have closed up shop in Siam Sq and other nearby places.

Well, have you listened to the red's speeches inciting violence? About how they would burn Bangkok to the ground and kill everyone there? Pretty vile shit, repeated almost daily.

Face it, the majority of the casualties are not red and were not in the red's encampment. Apply Occam's razor. If it walks like and duck and talks like a duck...

Two examples: 1) Bush's election in 2000. That was very simply a coup by the Supreme Court. It was so bad they wrote in the opinion that it was not to be used as case law precedent! 2) The recent Citizens United ruling allowing full on buying of politicians by corporations. Unbelievable.

There's a majority of nutcases in the SCOTUS, right, that doesn't make the US judicial system unreliable as a whole.

If you do not think US media is censored, you haver your head up your ass. It is owned by big corps and their lobbyists, who now unabashedly own the politicians. Hence they do not publish anything they do not want heard. Even demonstrable lies on news programs are OK, as ruled by the courts

That is not censorship. One could even argue that it's the contrary of censorship: unrestricted freedom of speech, you can even tell lies, no one will go after you. Limbaugh and Beck can spread their spiteful racist bigoted crap against Obama, the government can't go after them nor silence them.

In LOS a lady faces 50 years in jail because some reader's comment on her balanced and informative website (prachathai) was deemed anti-monarchy by the government. Not what the website staff wrote, a reader's comment.

Good Lord, I can't believe I'm debating on this :surprised: . And I'm the one being accused of comparing apples to oranges :banghead:

Archived