Reunited with the Vietnamese 'girl in the picture'

drogon

ND I am not fascinated by weapons but I do know a few.

-> I posted because I was sure some board members would have been interested to know she is alive and how she is -> you can turn it into 'You posted this because you knew members before they posted that they thought she was dead?' if you want

next week lotto -> sorry I never play lotto

Drogon,

Weren't you the "military expert" who was advocating using F-16s to bomb the red camp full well knowing there were children there? Suddenly you are some battle hardened soldier? I have actually been in wars, shot people seen people killed close up it sickens me still. This picture is a powerful image and should be considered by anyone before they advocate bmbing anyone.

OH

First, I never said it should happen for real and was merely answering a comment -> I know very well what a bombing by an F-16 does.

It was not a serious comment and it was irony, sorry if you misunderstood.

And yes I do deeply respect this picture which to me represents the stupidity of all wars ans figthings -> sadly human nature isn't up to that yet.

About being a military expert, I am not.

About being battle hardened I am lucky I never became so but I was a soldier for a few years and unfortunately had to go to a few unpleasant places.

Of course I was fortunate enough that my short military experience has nothing to do with yours or Flashermac, Afghanistan or Kosovo are not Vietnam.

Did I kill someone, maybe, maybe not, I don't know and never went to check.

Did I see some dead? Yes I did and this is something I won't discuss here.

Also, if you want to discuss about death, I lost my curiosity about death a long time ago.

As a teenager I was in the middle of a genocide, lost more than half of my classmates and saw plenty of people being killed or dead and the stench still haunts me....without me being able to do anything.

So please, don't give me lessons about death but I do apologize if you interpreted my comment about F-16 bombing children not as an answer to a BM question but rather as a measure to seriously apply.

Thank you

Archived