Manchester U/Liverpool stuff

Old Hippie

Last trip I recall a place in the weekend market that specialized in Manchester United and Liverpool memorabilia. Cups, shirts, mugs et al. Any idea what entrance, or general area it is in? I hate the thought of walking around in circles all day looking for it!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Old Hippie,

My Thai wife converted me to a football fan. We call it soccer in the States (I forgot you are from S.F.) Manchester and Liverpool are her two favorite teams. I promised her that when I return to BKK (June, I hope) we will get UBC; then, she will will be happy! If you are going to be in LOS in June, etc. send me a PM.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhh!!:) Well, I got one...HEY!!:) I remember a scene from the British tv show "keep up appearances" where the guy is laying in bed going on about his wife, how she had desgraced him on their wedding night, how she was lucky he didn't divorce her when he found out about her terrible passed...she was a liverpool fan! Oh well, I didn't say I liked Man U just wanted to know where to buy the shirts...:)

Last summer, I bought a couple of Manchester United soccer shirts at MBK (paid 250 Baht each). I think I got them on the 4th or 5th floor of the mall - it's the area where they have all the T-shirts for sale for 99 Baht. Not sure if they have other British soccer stuff, but there is a good chance they do; I think you can buy anything in MBK.

JG

Old Hippie,

Yeah I buy from that stall every year. Man.U. Shirts were 99 baht last year. Trouble is I can't give you directions as I just find it by instinct. It is to the left of the clock tower about 3 rows in. So now you only have to search the left hand side of the place !!! Last year I did see several other stalls selling the same shirts (these were again about 3 rows in but on the right) but their prices were around 200 baht so it's worth finding the cheapy.

Cheers Hall

Hall,

Yeah, I seem to remember the tower! O.k. think we are talking about the same area. The stall had it all, mugs, glasses, shirts, game jerseys, and t-shirts in big sizes!! O.k. for you guys who don't like Man. U. your right, I give you your props! But fort those us in the states who crave, but can't get real football, would you give us a break then? I mean all we get is Mexican soccer (don't get me wrong, it is a ood game to watch, but nothing compares to Man U. Liverpool, Arsenal etc... I mean we just don't get the real deal here). I suppose I could always get the BG I was with to show me, as we were shopping where she wanted that day, but...MBK did the other guy say...? Thanks again for your help. If you should Happen by, try to get a better diretction...! Thanks, appreciate it all...!

Old Hippie.

Yeah the dearer stalls are somewhere near the pet section but the cheap stall is the opposite direction. Not wishing to gloat but.................. I'll be in los Wednesday for 5 weeks........... so plan on picking up my usual supply of Man.U. shirts from Chatuchak at some stage. This year I'll take particular note and post directions for you. If I survive 5 weeks that is. I'm an old guy and my previous trips have been for a couple of weeks...don't know if the old body will take 5 weeks of sanuking but I'm sure as hell gonna find out !!!!

Cheers Hall

Archived