Manchester U/Liverpool stuff

Old Hippie

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two standards of shirts.

My reccomendation is stick with the ones with official tags and NOT screened, rather, patch type logos. One exception to this is the gold one, which only comes with screen. I've only seen them in Euro XL, which is american Large. One guy told me he gets custom made larger ones in Pattaya, but buys by the 100's.

You can find them at apx 250baht in Pratanam and it seems all over Pattaya. Careful with the quality, know how to look for it, seems varies alot. I've only seen the cheap versions at the weekend market. Interested also in seen the other items, should you happen to find same, please post. Usually the stores with that stuff are offical licensed outlets, not copies.

cheers

Nok

Stuff Chatuchak, especially at the moment as it is obscenely busy and it is rather warm round here at the moment. Get off the BTS at Siam and take the Silom line one stop to the National Stadium station (outside MBK). Either hop on a motorbike taxi (B10 or B20) or walk straight up the main road (beyond the end of the BTS line) past the National Stadium and take the first left, which runs up the side of the stadium. On the oposite side of the soi and in the sub-sois you will find dozens of factory shops all selling football shirts and associated paraphernalia. Shop around until you find the quality and price you like.

As Nok suggested, those with the 'official' Nike and 'Umbro' labels and tags seem to be the best quality - as I said elsewhere, I am not so sure that these aren't genuine - avoid the ones with 'Premier League' or something inside which aren't even pretending to be fakes! Poor detail, poor quality.

Several of the shops will iron on the number of your favourite players, some will do names as well. For Euro 2000 I bought an assortment of England shirts and got a screenprinter round the corner to make up a block for me with the name 'Phillips' (as in Superkev of Sunderland 'fame') which I had screened on with his squad number. Turned out to be the touch of death as he never got a kick in the whole tournament and hasn't even made the squad for 2002!! The shirts are still in excellent condition though and have been worn and washed fairly regularly.

B150 should get you a decent quality shirt.

LG

G'day Old Hippie,

Finally tore myself away from my favorite of the hour and checked the shop at Chatajak. The board has pretty well covered where to buy shirts but the shop you are looking for that sells all manner of Man.U gear watches,clocks,scarves,pennants,mugs etc etc is called "The Red Shop" and is in Section 18.The sign outside his shop says Soi 2 but looking at the Chatujak map I suspect it's really soi 27. Maybe the 7 dropped of his sign? Anyhow Section 18 is not that big so you won't have any trouble.

OK I've missed 4 hours of sanuk. I'm outa here.

Cheers Hall

Guest lazyphil

OH

I'm concerned about your interest it English soccer shirts, horses for courses I say, personally I prefer my San Jose Sharks T-shirt, now this has style!

OK, I know what to do, we swap locations then we'll perhaps change over our allegiances, not much logic here but I could use some Cali sunshine ;-)

LP

Surprises me a little about this "the red shop ",is all the u t d stuff counterfeit (with-out doubt ) ? .I'v seen several docs here in Mancs over the years showing u t d lawyers and officials touring Bangers with Thai cops catching and prosecuting illegal manufacturers and vendors,its something u t d with their mega worldwide sales of their wares takes incredibly serious.

Hope this shop does well then,every single penny that dos'nt flow into their p l c is a good thing.

CTID

Old Hippie,

Didn't really notice sizes at "The Red Shop" but all the other vendors selling just clothing seemed to have Triple X-not that I'm saying you're fat or anything !! Anyway terak of the hour has turned into terak for the rest of my stay and is dragging me out to Chatujak again this weekend so I'll ask the guy about sizes also about the soi 2 or 27 bit.

That's if I can still walk by the weekend. Ten years of coming in (sorry to) los and this terak is the best yet. Great body,fantastic in all departments. 24 years (I'm 60) -she's gonna kill me for sure-I just hope I'm at it when I go !!!!! And if you're wondering why the hell I'm posting instead of shagging it's because I NEED the rest. Hell no I don't!! see ya.

Cheers Hall

Archived