How Much Could I Sell an iPad for Here in Thailand?

expat

I just bought an iPad. It's great, but it would be much better if I had an ipod and/or iphone--it's almost like they go together.

Long and short of it, I'll probably sell it. It's the model with no 3G and 32 gigs of ram.

Any idea what I should sell it for?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the Ipod....I get the Iphone....but come on....the Ipad is just a marketing gimmick, for that sort of money you could get a top of the range PC/Laptop and still have change.

I suspect that those who have bought the Ipad will soon realise what a waste of money it is...

:cover:

But then you would have a PC or Laptop, right?

But people who are buying (2 million sold so far) - probably already have a PC or Laptop (any idea of the %) and specifically want a Tablet type of device.

I'm only waiting for the next generation or a competitive model.

Cheers!

This is the 250 THB upgrade of my iPhone to iPad

Does Not Support Flash

No USB Ports

No Camera / Webcam

For light portability I still prefer an Asus Netbook at half the price and just "Tether" my iPhone for Internet connection if wireless not available.

I agree with the criticisms, but when you get it in your hand, it's a nifty device with tons of cool gimmicks to keep people amused. It's also excellent for showing pictures. I may just keep it as a guilty pleasure, but I'll probably just sell it.

Thats exactly my point, its great for gimmicks and fun but it has no phone, no camera, cant be upgraded and probablt has a shitty battery life if I know Apple...

On the plus side, it does look cool :)

I would love to know what margins Apple are making on this....

Went into town to check out the iPad in store, but couldnt get near it for kiddies playing with the two demo units - I expect that the rest were out the back in anticipation of the demand for the thing. I'll wait till the madness dies down and take a closer look, but my old Macbook Pro still does most of what I need it to do. Wouldnt mind reading a book on a plane or similar using the iPad, but most of the other cool stuff (the Google Maps app looks great) relies on an active Net connection so I'm not sure just how versatile the thing is for use on a plane - happy to hear otherwise.

Archived