Where do They wind up, in the End?

Savittre

Hi again, Guys,

Where do the hoes wind up in the end? What do you know about that? Some time back, it was said that they go back to, and are welcomed by, their families... that's how the story went. Quite a generalization!

I guess some of them get sponsored, probably a minority, and maybe only temporarily. Maybe a lot of them do go back home to their families- if they have one to go back to. Or the sweatshops?

I'm not a young guy anymore. It seems to me that guys in my age group get targeted for sponsorship more than the younger guys, although I'm sure that any guy who appears to have money will do!!

It pisses me off somewhat, I'm like, "Hey girl, this is a commercial relationship, strictly P4P, so don't try to get me emotionally involved by pretending you care about me! My heart's been broken enough!"

And, I guess she's like, "Hey guy, I'm in my late thirties now, and every day I wonder what the future holds for me. I have no security, and every day I need it more, because my looks are fading. I can't do this job forever! What will become of me? Of course I need security, like everyone else."

So if that's the way it really is, I guess I have to accept that she feels she has no choice. OTOH, she may just be trying to maximize her income. Or both!! :)

This post is not an abstract one- I do have someone specific in mind. I'm in Southeast Asia now, not Thailand though. I told her where I was going, and she said, "I can't come with you." I thought to myself, "Who said you're invited?" but instead I said, "Why?" She replied, "I don't have any money."

I feel like I'm falling out of touch here. I thought, "She doesn't have any money? Why? She works, she has an income, so how come she doesn't have any money? Is she full of shit? Does she give most or all of her money to her family or a boyfriend? Is she helping her sister with tuition fees? Why has she got no financial security? What's going on?

Well, guys, I guess we all need to feel that someone cares about us, whether we realize and admit it or not. I'm pissed off with myself, because it seems she got the hook in so damned easily. It's probably just as well that I'm not in Thailand now.

BE CAREFUL!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, we joke about it but an old working girl is a pretty sad sight. For a couple of years, I was pestered by this absolute shocker, easily 45+ and they were *hard* years, everytime I went to Soi 4. She was more beggar than whore, but claimed to have managed several bars on behalf of various Farang over the years - clearly, they werent paying into a pension fund.

Mekong is spot on when he mentions Hua Hin, but there are old ladies aplenty in Pattaya too - they usually work the day shift, often behind the bar and some seem to do little more than clean and wait tables. The grannies in the lobby (cocktail bar ?) of the Nana still take the cake for mine - I just cant imagine anyone ever being drunk enough to contemplate going anywhere near them.

When I see some of the geriatric customers sitting out in the main area near Reception, I often wonder if they knew these ladies when both wore the fashions of the day - being able to remember the 70s makes me feel old at 51, and I cant imagine what it must be like for some of those ancient mongers. I cant recall when the Nana was built, but I suspect that many of these guys have been going to the same place since the early 80s at least.

Part of me wishes I had discovered Thailand much sooner, and part of me wishes I had never even heard of the place, but the Nana will still be there long after most of us have shuffled off this mortal coil. I have a lot more affection for the old girl than most here - the Nana is my Overlook Hotel, and its residents are mostly from an earlier time :

http://jerryreynolds.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/the_overlook_hotel.jpg

Ms CP loathed the place, and that only increased my affection for it. :smirk:

I've never been to Hua Hin, have no clue what that place is about, or its reputation, although I know where it is. Working the bars there means what? (I'll betcha nobody replies!)

Working the bars in Patpong or at the Elvis show on Walking Street- obviously comes from other of my posts. That comment- Dumsoda's- has reminded me of a girl I saw in Pattaya some time ago. She was obviously totally insane, talking to herself nonstop as she walked up and down the Sois. She was topless (not bottomless, thankfully) and wearing a Santa cap/hat. Didn't see her around for long. I guess she was 'removed.' Where to?

Dumsoda, how funny is that to you? I'm just asking because I don't understand your mentality, and apparent lack of compassion, at all.

Of the ex-BGs I personally know, they have gone to:

Oz

UK

France

USA

Norway

To paraphrase Stephen King - 'sometimes they come back, but different'. Its the speed with which they find their way back to the bar that stuns me - in one case, I saw her leave and I was there the night she came back 12 months later. Another is still in the US, but I have a feeling she will be back.

Dumsoda, how funny is that to you? I'm just asking because I don't understand your mentality, and apparent lack of compassion, at all.

Sunshine....you have no farrkin idea....

You don't know me ...and Never will...

You make me laugh....Cheap Charlie comes to mind...

Mentality...compassion....I'm surprised you can spell the words....let alone understand the meanings

You ark up at being charged 160Bt for a beer in some sort of show Bar....cos you have a mental perception it should cost you 90....LOL

... and you post about some "tart" holding hands with you....and having plans for you for the evening....when you haven't even bought her a drink... and maybe...just maybe...if the dek serve wasn't so pushy....you "might" have bought her a drink...555555555555555555

Give me a break....she prolly was delighted to see your ass go out the door...cos you were totally wasting her time...

Sorry....I want to puke....

I've never been to Hua Hin, have no clue what that place is about, or its reputation, although I know where it is. Working the bars there means what? (I'll betcha nobody replies!)

Hua Hin's regarded as a place where the girls in bars aren't up to the "high" standards of Bangkok and Pattaya. I took the TG formally known as Miss Red down there some years ago, it wasn't a bad little spot. Good mix of farangs, Thais, and other Asians on holidays. Prices I found quite good, but the beach left a lot to be desired (sand was a grey/black colour in most parts if memory serves me correctly).

All in all not a bad place to go in LOS for change of scenery, but the nightlife is nothing compared to Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Chiang Mai etc, but it is there... and as implied, the choice isn't that great. On the plus side, whilst in the bars we were never hassled for drinks and I think prices were low. Hope this helps.

Hua Hin is a retirement detination - you won't find a Cowboy or NEP but its a lot more relaxed. There are a lot of Scandinavians there, particularly Finns, and I think that has contributed to the different vibe in many bars. I did spot a few attractive TGs in the Hilton bar, but its so bloody dark in there that they may well have been katoeys - for OH's benefit, I enjoyed rubbing myself up against each and every one of them ! :smirk:

I have been hilariously pissed in the bar precinct on several occasions and never had a problem - you just dont see the kind of aggro that can erupt in BKK or Pattaya - but I wouldnt get on the wrong side of the Thai developers if you are looking to buy property there. That has had fatal consequences for at least one unfortunate Farang.

For many, its paradise lost, but I enjoy myself every time I go to Hua Hin - usually have to dash back to Bangers to recover from all that 'enjoyment' ....

Archived