Where do They wind up, in the End?

Savittre

...make a visit to Wa. Square...

Yeah, its weird - after SD took me into two of the bars and gave me a graphic warning about another, I never ventured into another Wa SQ bar again despite taking the shortcut many, many times. Mysterious location, that one - would love to see some of the old photos of before it became so decrepit. Have to wonder how much longer they will leave that huge corner block undeveloped - everytime I go back I expect to see some massive skyscraper on the site, but still nothing as late as March this year. Weird.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tattoo's are far more common in villages than perhaps people realise. The oldest man in the village has a great tattoo - he's 86 now and walks over 3 km a day!

Most boys once they are about 16 seem to get tattoo's many young girls same age do the same, as well as piercings.

As for what happens, I do think many return to villages if successful, but remember they are also retiring quite young so staying on in Bangkok where ever is reality.

The failures, like the girl I was very fond off in the late last century, was used as a cover girl model, stunning gal, had a very uba rich white guy marry her, have a kid, then left it all to end up literally in the gutter at soi 5. You can see her there most days yelling at people embarrassing the workers on that part of the wall of no shame.

So, what are the most common options. Here are my ideas, - please add yours

- return home to family,

a) living in a better house

B) nothing has improved at all

c) in a worse personal condition as before entering the trade (physically and/or mentally ill)

- just leaves the business, takes 'normal' job

- marriage to a Farang, living in the West, finish trade

- marriage to a Farang, living in the West, continuing P4P

- marriage to a Farang, living in the West, divorce, return to LOS, continuing P4P

- becomes a drug addict and/or HIV positive: ends in the gutter, dies early

- marries a Thai, finish the trade

- retires before becoming a damaged good,

saves enough for opening a business in/outside P4P

- stays in the bar scene, as Mamasan, waitress, e.g.

- marriage to a Farang, living in LOS, throws him out of the house...

- marriage to a Farang, living in LOS, opening a business together

:content:

I have no idea what the most likely scenarios are...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived