Bangkok - serviced apartment / condo wanted by the month

torrenova

Serviced apartment or fully serviced condo with cooking facilities wanted in Bangkok from around the beginning of July.

Looking to pay month by month but no long leases, probably for a max of 2 months.

Obviously would like a moderate budget but will pay for quality up to around 40/50k a month net.

Thanks.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

I just booked my parents into this place: http://www.sitaraplace.com/

18K for a month (incl water/elec/internet/housekeeping)

My cousin stayed there last year and the place is very nice.

Sanuk!

I have looked at the website, thanks for the details but what about the deposit ? Asking 2 months rent as deposit is high given the likely service charges, say around Bt2000 a month and I worry about getting it back as leaving would be to the airport.

Did you get a better deposit ?

What about cooking ? Any rings ?

Internet ? wi-fi or hard wired ? Free or pay ?

Cheers

I always put my friends up in The Rembrandt. Never any complaints and great location. Call for the best deal vs using the web.

What sort of rates have you been able to get ?

Going through some old receipts...I was paying 2700 + VAT on a daily rate for a 70 sqm 1BR at the Rembrandt in 07, and I think I was getting a good deal as a frequent guest. My favorite place to stay, but no chance of getting monthly rates anywhere near what KS just mentioned in Ratchada/Din Daeng.

I hit the Rembrandt website and saw a best rate of Bt1266*30 for a 30sqm room = 38k per 30 days or 48k for the 50sqm, Bt1666 or 50k for 70sqm or 60k for 90sqm.

On that basis, the 90sqm is fair value but no need for all that space. The 30sqm at 38k is poor value and the jump to 48k for 50sqm is daft if you can get 70sqm for 50k. Now if the 50sqm which is liveable was around 40k or less, it might be fine.

Without viewing, the President Solitaire seems far better value at the 50k mark and they have already asked me to name a price to stay there. It is just not a market I know well and they may, in Thai style, ask me to ask for a discount and then just re quote the standard rates ! TIT

Yes, it seems that the bigger the room, the better the value at the Rembrandt. A studio was b900 p/n, but too small, dark and dingy, so I never booked one of those again. The big rooms are outstanding value, particularly when you have 5 or six bargils running about (which is another nice thing about the place - gf, but also family friendly). I still don't believe you'll get a competitive price from them, but in this depressed market who knows. Call them and ask to speak with the manager, Mr. Khanna, and tell him you're a buddy of KS or someone.

President Solitaire used to be more expensive than the Rembrandt. My old receipts tell me I was paying between 3.3 and 4.3 per night at the Solitaire, depending upon the room, in 2005. Jasmine Suites was over 6K.

Funny I've got all these hotel bills, when I can't even locate important documents related to taxes and such. I just had a habit of putting those bills in the side pouch of my carry-on bag, then throwing them into a certain pile when I got home, and the pile still exists.

Jasmine was very good value when it opened and the pong board had some great rates, around 20k I seem to remember (could well be wrong though). All some years ago though.

I've a friend of a friend who is a PA at the Grand President and she can get some discounted rates but the place is in dire need of a refurb and the facilities don't match the price.

I think I might have an offer of around 40k from Somerset Lakepoint on Suk Soi 16 (regular 30*rate is about 60k). Not perfect but actually a very decent place to stay. Good kitchenette and washer drier as well which is great as the toddler will be there as well and that means laundry each day which is just so much easier if you have a washing machine.

I reckon I'd take the Somerset at around 40k or better but the missus might go see the Sitara today. I'm not sure on how it fits in with where she wants to be etc. Not sure why Sitara rooms range in a 50% mark up when they are all the same ? (12k-18k) but even though you've utilities on top, it would be hard to think about paying 60k somewhere or even 50k at the Pres Sol if you could get the Sitara for 15k and it was fine. At 15k you can pay indefinitely but at 60k it is a little rich when I'm not going to be there all the time.

Hi,

The 12K is excl utilities, 18K is including (at least so I understood).

One month deposit, and I was asked to pay a 3K booking fee (the wording suggests this will be deducted from the deposit fee).

My cousin had no problems getting her deposit back. She wasn't even there at the time but arranged for me to pick it up. It was all there, even got the blanket and towel her kid messed up - and she had to pay for - from them.

Washing machines on each floor. Internet I believe was ethernet cable.

The 18K rooms come with a large fridge and microwave, no cooking rings as far as I remember; nor any utensils.

Sanuk!

Archived