Bangkok - serviced apartment / condo wanted by the month

torrenova

Thanks KS. She is going to go and have a look on Monday.

Also, from her research, she found this place http://www.thaiproperty.in.th/View.aspx?PostID=1005 (Open in Chrome and translate !)

Small at 26sqm but only 10k or so. Difficult for her to get around and look as she has the 3 year old with her.

I reckon the bigger place will be better but we'll see. Maybe some other places will pop up over the weekend.

She just won't let me chuck 100k extra for somewhere which is nice, I suppose ?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't say, you know that website which I posted and where they advertise Thai rentals, well I guess she was just doing some homework for herself - good on her but no, she hasn't been.

I was quite prepared to try and get a discount on the circa 50k serviced apartments which are well known and she spoke to Somerset Lakepoint who she says were talking around 40k, which is good and as I've stayed there a few times on short breaks, I could happily sort it out remotely.

However, she's not prepared to see me chuck 100k at the place so she's doing what she can at that end. I'm overseas at he moment.

The input here is invaluable and I thank all who contribute. Your comments about that place are even more noted as I won't be there to sort it out and it isn't as though our budget precludes us paying more than that price.

I'm speaking to her later and will just advise her to go to the other place. A big attraction for me is that it is near the Tesco Lotus which means easy shopping for essentials which is handy with a toddler in tow.

By the way, do they speak any English ?

Well, she's been to see Sitara Place today and she likes it. Though all the rooms are the same size they are differentiated as follows:

The cheaper rooms are on the lower floors. The mid range rooms are on the middle floors and have a microwave. The Ultimate rooms are on the top two floors and also have a safety box. There are supposedly different qualities in the furnishings throughout the three levels.

It is apparently clean and quite new and she says it look nice.

As to pricing, the 18k quoted appears to be how they want to do short term, month by month deals and is on a serviced basis, inclusive of linen changing and utility charges. The other cheaper rates are non serviced and depend on the length of time you sign up for.

What do I think ? well, it is 18k versus a realistic minimum of 35k elsewhere and perhaps 40k but for that 40k you get more as it would be a proper serviced apartment. On a single month basis, I guess it appears good value but the same size rooms lacking microwaves and safety boxes at around 10k seem better value for the longer stay.

So thank KS. She is going to pay the 3k deposit tomorrow and is intending to move at the weekend. Cheers.

Torre - this is just around from where I used to live, nice area, two malls within easy walk, and lots of good food deals further up Ratchada - both farang style and Thai style.

The Emerald Hotel has a good bakery, discounts after 6 or 7pm, great bread - 50% off I think, as well as a sushi buffet

The Emerald Hotel has a good bakery, discounts after 6 or 7pm, great bread - 50% off I think, as well as a sushi buffet

Sushi buffet close by? Hmmmm. This is sounding better and better.

Though November is a ways off, I'm coming for 30 days and this set-up looks good. Glad I read the thread. Quick question to tack on to the OP's discussion --

From the website it looked like all the rooms charge these items extra:

"Electricity at 6 baht per unit

Water at 18 baht per unit

Telephone at 5 baht per 15 minutes"

Not worried about phone/water, but curious what kind of an electric bill you'd rack up running A/C often. Also curious if I'm mistaken and they do have an 18k/month rate that includes electricity?

Looks like a pretty good deal.

I just took a look at the Sitara Place website.

I have to say, it looks pretty good. It will probably be a while before I can cut loose and spend a full month at a whack in Bangkok, but it is useful to have the information.

Is there a good breakfast place close by? Alternatively, can anyone recommend a good breakfast place in the lower Suk area?

Archived