Bangkok - serviced apartment / condo wanted by the month

torrenova

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to update.

Bt3000 deposit paid, transferred to their bank. Sure, could have gone back but she was on the other side of Bangkok and it is hardly a great risk. Remaining Bt15000 deposit to pay on check in this weekend.

She thinks the 18k includes the internet as well but it certainly covers the water and electric. I am sceptical but if not, a few baht will sort that out and having somewhere decent is far more important than a couple of baht, especially as I was thinking about having to pay 50k or so per month.

Will post back after she moves in and gets the laptop wired up.

Well, they have moved in today and all is fine and good apparently. Bt15k additional deposit paid today.

She did say she had to buy some plates and so forth, which one might expect to be provided in a serviced apartment.

As for the internet, she says there are a lot of wi-fi connections but they require passwords. She is going to speak to the management, probably on Monday, about the internet.

So far so good !

• 4 weeks later...

I thought that I would come back and update after a month as a small thanks to those who helped me out and to give you some feedback.

The month has gone smoothly. Internet down a couple of times and the last couple of days either the net is on playing up or she has screwed up her computer. A 50/50 call as neither MSN nor Skype video would work for 2 days. Attempts to connect but then bang, offline at her end. Has been good all month and actually exceptional at times, in a relative sense.

No issues with the property. Laundry machines to use or Bt750 for 50 pieces washed, dried and ironed. Expensive by Pattaya standards (500/70 or 80 in town to 500/60 in some of the condo blocks) but convenient and hardly a drain on resources.

No issues with electric apart from one time during a storm. Could happen anywhere in LOS without a back up generator.

She likes it as do her mates and the kid is happy as Larry. She's found a nearby kindergarten type school for Bt2500 a month and that is good but she finds taxis easier for travelling but that would be anywhere without your own car and a child in tow.

I'll update more after the weekend.

• 1 month later...

Just to update again. Still in the condo but as the time we need it is surely coming to an end, they have agreed, seemingly without any real prompting, to move from a monthly rate to a weekly / daily rate at the rate of 1/30th of the monthly rate per day. So that works out at Bt600 a day or Bt4200 a week.

Talked about deposit return as will be leaving nightime and at they offered to refund it in the daytime (we would be covering the rent until the next day). The missus seems to believe them as I suggested that if she did not, just to check out the day before leaving Bangkok and check into a hotel for a day. Net net a saving over losing the deposit.

All going well inside the condo. Internet had a hiccup but is ok for Skype video and so forth. Seemingly decent staff, with small gym in the basement.

Archived