Bangkok v Pattaya £$

hooper

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Patters, I often miss the walking street gogos all together but I stay in Soi 7, day time at Jomtiem, hunt in fringe gogos and beer bars.

I hire a motorbike and then I'm not restricted to beach road and walking street, that for me, makes a lot of difference.

Bangkok is the greatest but the cost is getting out of hand.

Angeles (though I've not been for a few years) is very much, nothing in the day time, great fun at night and no food that your dog would write home about.

PP good fun if a little down market.

Vientiane, fun to be had I'm told but none for me.

But then after all these years I still hanker for the GFE, the Lamb Pie that will satisfy me till my dying day.

And frankly, who knows where that might happen.

JMHO

Coss

Coss, this whole Pattaya v Bangkok question is a bit of a quandry for me really as you are correct in that Bangkok is now starting to get expensive (and in parts silly money). The trouble is I still love Bangkok but don't like Pattaya so the solution for me is still to come to Bangkok but for shorter less frequent trips.

Simie.

i first started going to phuket late 80s then discovered bangkok was really fun.now find bangkok a great city but with exchange rates and price hike not really fun.I live in chiang mai and london.I have just booked a flight back down to phuket and found a reasonable hotel will be goin down there late april.I not cheap but also cant understand paying a girl plus barfine and beers 2600-3000 in a country when many still earn that a month.so i guess i phuket which is not as rough as pattaya a new option once again.Lets see

• 3 weeks later...
lot of agogos in Pattaya offers draft beer from 40 baht/glass.

why not have a couple of draft beers in agogo, then head to beer bar to bf a bg for 300 barfine + 500ST/1000LT or just pick one in a disco.

:yeahthat:

Play in the gogos... get take away in the beer bars.

Archived