Fugitive Red-Shirt Leader Reportedly Spotted Singing in Cambodian Hotel

Coss

Fugitive Red-Shirt Leader Reportedly Spotted Singing in Cambodian Hotel

{unashamedly taken from Thai Visa}

Arisman Pongruangrong, a fugitive red-shirt leader, has reportedly been spotted in a hotel in Siem Reap, Cambodia.

On August 10 at a Thailand-Cambodia border pass located in Aranyaprathet district in Sa Kaeo province, a large number of tourists and merchants continued to cross the border despite the ongoing diplomatic row stemming from the disputed Preah Vihear Temple.

Also, there is a widespread rumor in the area that Arisman Pongruangrong, a red-shirt leader wanted for terrorism charges, believed to have fled after the recent political unrest, has reportedly been spotted in a hotel in Siem Reap province of Cambodia. The Thai authorities are currently investigating the rumor.

The rumor is that Arisman was found singing inside a restaurant in the hotel for approximately 10 Thai tourists, whom the fugitive red-shirt leader also talked to for about 30 minutes before retiring to his room.

According to the Thai law enforcement officers' investigation into the rumor, the place where Arisman was supposedly spotted was Angkor Hotel, which is owned by a politician who is a close associate of Prime Minister Hun Sen of Cambodia.

The hotel is also the place where the suspects in the attempted bombing at the Bhumjai Thai Party back in June were arrested by the Cambodian authorities.

Does he use the lift or climb out of the windows at this hotel?

p.s. Judging from most Thais I've heard in karaoke bars, Arisman probably deserves to spend the rest of his life behind bars for his singing. :p

p.p.s. May I point out again the the TEMPLE IS NOT BEING DISPUTED. It is land near the temple (land they is hardly worth anything to anyone other than Cambodian and Thai politicians).

He's going to star in a Cambodian musical version of Tarzan. :beer:

p.s. Got a taxi driver from the South today. He bent my ear about Takky and the reds shirts. He brought up how Takky was being buddies with Wun Sen, offering to let Wun Sen have his way on the disputed border jungle in return for gas concessions in the Gulf. (Doesn't sound like such a bad idea to me, except the money was supposed to go into Takky's pockets.) He insisted that Southerners are better educated than the Isaan folks, which is why they see through Takky. I asked him what he thought of Chuan. He said his feelings on Chuan were neutral. He complained that Chuan laps up all praise, but gets pissed off whenever someone criticises him. :hmmm:

Archived