Concerned about an encounter and symptoms

jibjab

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm already planning on making a visit to the doctor/hospital for an STI checkup, I think this weekend. The final question I have is what/if any tests I can ask for, that will screen me for HIV. It's been 19 days so far. The PCR test is quite reliable at around three weeks, right?

What about the duo/other tests? I am already planning to take a test at the 3-month mark, too.

Just ask the doc to make STD tests and he will run the usual tests. Of course it will help, if you tell him about your encounter.

I don't know much about the PCR test, except that it can be done soon after the encounter, that the test is much more expensive and that it should be followed by a regular HIV test a few weeks later...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As long as your organ is still attached to your body and flame is not coming out when you pee your odds are very good.

Have been told it is much harder to get AIDS than it is to get other STDs and everything I've read seems to confirm that.

Statistics don't heal you, if you are the one...

Hey all, just got my blood drawn this morning. I'm going back for the results tomorrow. Unfortunately, not only did the *good hospital* have nurses who spoke very little English, but when I finally got to see the doctor, I was informed that they only had the western blot test.

Anyway, I'll know my results when I go in tomorrow, but since it's only been three weeks, I'll need to retake (probably at a different hospital) several weeks later.

Hoping for the best... (and yes, my story is true - I feel fine except for a butterfly-type feeling that I have in my stomach, the kind you get before you take an exam, or compete in a match).

Hoping for the best... (and yes, my story is true - I feel fine except for a butterfly-type feeling that I have in my stomach, the kind you get before you take an exam, or compete in a match).

Fencing or archery?

Sorry, I'm just taking the piss and drawing from another thread, very few will get it.

Antibody tests for HIV take 6-12 weeks to become positive. "Rapid" HIV and western blot are antibody tests.

Viral load tests such as RNA/DNA PCR tests become positive 2-4 weeks.

Whitish discharge means zip.

On the other side of the coin, kissing with active cold sores is crass.

Jibjab sounds like a troll or is paranoid.

Condom for BJ, condom for rooting, now worried about having kissed the tart.

Bloody Nora, whatever you imagine you have got ought to be spreading faster than SARS!

If a genuine post, get tested, and tell us the results.

:beer:

Archived