Ron Paul Calls for Audit of US Gold Reserves

cavanami

The audit will show the TRUE worth of the USA currency.

It will show what gold the USA has and does NOT have and then we go from there...IF the gold is not there, where did it go?

Do you want to know what is in your checking account or go on writing checks and living in fantasy land...up to you.

What does the USA have? balanced budget? gov controlled spending? these are four letter words to this nazi gov now running the USA...count on it!!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cav - think about it - there is NO gold at Fort Knox (actually my research showed more held in New York some place) and then what . . ..

OR

There is all the gold there is supposed to be?????

Seriously, we can see neither, know if they are there or not, it has zero outcome as

a) it's got NOTHING to do with the economy, IF you'd asked for a Audit of ALL assetts then that would make sense.

B) Count the tin foil hats/

When the financial crisis hit and people with any money left lost all faith in the stock and bond markets as well as U.S. treasuries, what was the only 'safe haven' they went to? Gold. Its why the price of it is sky high. In times of economic crisis money has traditionally flocked to the stuff.

I have a second question. Had we not gotten off the gold standard under Nixon would we have been worse off economically? Frankly, I don't see how we could be any worse off.

I'm not sure how an audit can be a waste of time and money. There should be untold billions worth of the stuff there. The GAO audits everything else, why can't it audit the gold? We are trusting the same government that has repeatedly lied to us.

Paul is the ONLY one asking the questions that matter. Given his activist background, I'm surprised and disappointed Obama hasn't asked some similar questions as well.

The audit will show the TRUE worth of the USA currency.

It will show what gold the USA has and does NOT have and then we go from there...IF the gold is not there, where did it go?

Do you want to know what is in your checking account or go on writing checks and living in fantasy land...up to you.

What does the USA have? balanced budget? gov controlled spending? these are four letter words to this nazi gov now running the USA...count on it!!!

SO if the gold is there, will the economy improve? if it isn't, as many claim, then will the economy tank even more? My guess is, the government knows what is there or not, and so do other countries...if not, tipping out hand could really fuck us.

Big difference between a spending government asnd me and my check book.

Archived