batteries bigger security risk than oil ..

temfarang

thats on top of burning coal for electric....of course bio fuels rock, smash to bits tropical rainforest to grow the damn stuff. only one thing, horse and cart!!! (do horses fart as much as cows?)

currently it takes more fossil fuels to grow & process corn than energy is processed .. something like 1.8 / 1

& sill plenty of carbon from the corn / bio diesel

bio diesel is purpotted to reduce foreign dependency by the powerful corn lobby ..near 100% of corn in the US is Monsanto GM seed ..

& has little / no positive effect on emissions

montsanto & halliburton .. the devil x 2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

re: Monsanto

GM food could be a catastrophe

before near 100% of the wheat in the US became GM wheat I had (almost) never heard of celiac disease (gluten intolerance)

now it is common

GM wheat is known to exacerbate allergies & celaic is an allergic reaction

the GM wheat has animal & bacteria (!) dna inserted into the natural wheat (corn, soy, flax, canola ..tomatoes) dna.

many brands of 'frozen fried potatoes' & potato chips have wheat added .. celiac is a nutritional nightmare with GM wheat in 'everything'

high fructose corn syrup: GM corn has it starch (no glucose in corn) worked over by recombinant dna bacteria (artificial DNA (rDNA) bacteria) to convert corn starch to glucose

the easily / cheaply bribed US congress is seriously messin' with food supply to please the monsanto contributor.

Europe has enough sense / balls / moxi .. to tell monsanto to f' off.

monsanto lobbyist got the US law on GM 'food safety issue' to be dealt with solely by monsanto .. monsanto will notify the government if GM products are harmful to consumers .. the US government does not monitor GM food safety

Monsanto GM contract requires farmers to buy Monsanto seed, monsanto herbicide (roundup) & Monsanto fertilizer.

the "GM seed contract" allows Monsanto to review all of the farmers purchases / records to make sure he uses 100% Monsanto stuff

buy organic = no monsanto herbicide & fertilized .. so cannot be Monsanto GM .. & hope monsanto lawyers continue to do their job & force round up & chemical fertilizer down to throat of non-organic farmers.

link TV has several documentaries on the GM nightmare & the cut throat business practices of that corporation.

almost unbelievable how they got the law covering GM seeds written ..

me thinks I have read of strong arm tactics forcing thai farmers to use GM rice.

the US trade commission using it's trading partner power to force GM seed into the thai farm system

GM rice / crops is not fertile .. so seeds must be purchased each year (along with fertilizer & roundup), the farmer cannot hold back seeds to plant next year.

http://www.linktv.org is 'wikilinks light' on many topics!

several monsanto documentaries running now.

re link TV: I now watch aljazera news & 'moziac news from the mideast' for truthful reporting

I actually learn something on their news casts ..

I know many posters here do not think americans deserve the truth .. only US government censored propaganda should be provided to the dummy / robot / masterbating populace.

That GM stuff does scare me because we are fuckin' around with stuff we have little understanding of. Witness what happens to an eco-system when a foreign flora/fauna gets accidentally introduced. It fucks shit up badly!

Zebra mussels.

Kudzu.

Asian Carp.

Just a few examples. How do we know what these Frankenstein crops will do over the years? We don't.

And that's what scares me.

thats on top of burning coal for electric....of course bio fuels rock' date=' smash to bits tropical rainforest to grow the damn stuff. only one thing, horse and cart!!! (do horses fart as much as cows?)[/quote']

currently it takes more fossil fuels to grow & process corn than energy is processed .. something like 1.8 / 1

& sill plenty of carbon from the corn / bio diesel

bio diesel is purpotted to reduce foreign dependency by the powerful corn lobby ..near 100% of corn in the US is Monsanto GM seed ..

& has little / no positive effect on emissions

montsanto & halliburton .. the devil x 2

I am a technology buffoon and am often confused by something as technical as the instructions on a KY Tube...but didn't Brazil overcome all of these issues and manage to have every car capable of running on anything from a 15% alcohol mix to pure alcohol? Reduced oil imports by something like 90%?

That GM stuff does scare me because we are fuckin' around with stuff we have little understanding of. Witness what happens to an eco-system when a foreign flora/fauna gets accidentally introduced. It fucks shit up badly!

Zebra mussels.

Kudzu.

Asian Carp.

Just a few examples. How do we know what these Frankenstein crops will do over the years? We don't.

And that's what scares me.

These were all migrants from one continent to another often with devastating results.

But now research labs are working on the frankenfish:

Fish or frankenfish? FDA weighs altered salmon

By MARY CLARE JALONICK, Associated Press Writer – Mon Sep 20

WASHINGTON – Genetically engineered salmon that grows twice as fast as the conventional fish appears to be safe, an advisory committee told the Food and Drug Administration Monday. But they argued that more testing may be needed before it is served on the nation's dinner tables.

If the FDA approves the sale of the salmon, it will be the first time the government allows such modified animals to be marketed for human consumption. The panel was convened by the agency to look at the science of the fish and make recommendations on its safety and environmental impact.

Ron Stotish, chief executive of the Massachusetts company that created the salmon, AquaBounty, said at Monday's hearing that his company's fish product is safe and environmentally sustainable.

FDA officials have largely agreed with him, saying that the salmon, which grows twice as fast as its conventional "sisters," is as safe to eat as the traditional variety. But they have not yet decided whether to approve the request.

Critics call the modified salmon a "frankenfish" that could cause allergies in humans and the eventual decimation of the wild salmon population. Representatives from consumer, environmental and food safety groups asked the agency to decline the company's application to market the fish, saying it is untested.

Try to find food products in the States which are not genetically modified. The latest creation is a seedless watermelon. Okay, so no seeds to spit out - but everyone agrees it does not taste as good.

As to kudzu, the saying in Georgia is: Don't sleep with the windows open. The kudzu might grow in at night and strangle you! But to be honest the Japanese have found uses for the stuff. In the US, it just runs wild. Ever seen a forest covered with it? Houses? Barns? :p

• 4 weeks later...

China mines 95 percent of the world’s rare earth elements

.. hours after a top Chinese official summoned international news media Sunday night to denounce United States trade actions .. quietly halted some shipments of those materials to the United States and Europe, three industry officials said this week.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/20/business/global/20rare.html

Archived