USA Is 'Practically Owned' by China: Analyst

Flashermac

But don't let me distract you' date=' there are a few good-cause wars out there that we need to start before things go all "pear shaped" as they say.

[/quote']

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

So please do tell, How Many Wars has America "Won" from a unilateral offensive?

The only one I can think off was the US Civil War when you were fighting amongst yourselves.

Korea Still officialy at War

Vietnam Gained Nothing

Iraq Big Business

Afghanistan Enough Said

America Starts wars but cannot finish them!

We have no problem finishing the ones with the Brits though. Always win those ones from the Evil Empire. :neener::wanker::rotfl:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear God, the reason the Yanks and the Billy Bob's place it in the board bar is simple ....

Khun Sanuk has disabled news placed in the non thai news section from appearing in the recent topics list ....

Board bar threads still appear there though :( So they place it here in the BB in the hope of attracting more people to comment.

I can completely understand the dislike of American political topics. Even to a lot of Americans. There are tons of Americans on this forum who never venture close to it.

I also think it adds to the 'arrogant American' reputation that we have. Fair or unfairly, it does.

I am guilty of fueling the american political fire. I routinely post to these threads.

I do try and reduce the number of threads if I have a political post by adding to an existing one that is related.

Probably 98% of my posts are political. Its a thai discussion forum and the funny thing is I don't post about Thailand that often. I have a simple reason. I come to thailand, go to Pattaya, go to a beer bar or whatever, get a girl and bang her. Its simple. Trying to figure them out is not so important to me. I've long given that up as I did when I was first taught pi and spent an afternoon trying to find out the root of pi. I don't have a thai gf or wife or am trying to get one. Kudos to those that do and are. Nothing against it. This forum is as good as any to know what makes Lek tick or where to get the best soapy. I'm not being condescending, this forum is the best source of knowledge for all things Thailand and I would and have recommended it to numerous folks over the years.

I do love the breadth of knowledge that is on here and it adds to the discussions I am involve in as well others I'm not. I love the diversity and that diversity of people, experience and ideas are what makes the forum special.

I've altered or sometimes completely changed my opinions on a variety of things because of some of you. I'm a product of major American news organizations and therefore sometimes only getting one view. There are different views in America but it doesn't get the benefit of being reported on widely.

We Americans do love our country (as do all of you to your own respective countries) and we do it a bit publicly and to most, arrogantly. Please forgive us. We like to discuss our politics. At least some of us do. The board bar may or may not be the right area of the forum for this thread or similar threads. I'll let others debate it. I know some would love to ban the discussion of American politics and just about anything American...lol. However, that wouldn't be democratic or fair, would it? We all pride ourselves on being the product of 'free' nations for the most part where people can express themselves freely. We Americans (and a few non Americans) are often passionate about it. A bit too much for some. Maybe most. Again, completely understandable.

So, forgive us but also endure us. It should be our right if we also accept that we all have a right to come to Thaialnd (or where ever) and as one consenting adult to another of a more demure, feminine variety to exchange money or whatever for a little physical fun.

I will ask a favor of those, like myself, that do post a lot of American politics or American news to at least try and limit the number of new threads. Lets be a little emphathetic to others. Perhaps add on to existing threads that have died a natural death. I will also ask those who hate seeing american politics on this forum similarly to myself on my Arsenal football (see, I called it football not soccer :up: ) forums when cricket or rugby is discussed and use my God given (pardon me you atheists and agnostics) right to scroll past those posts so I can find a topic why our manager won't be a quality goalkeeper or who our best starting eleven should be.

I'm personally open to just about any idea to those that are particularly annoyed to the point of leaving, to anything short of banning or limiting free expression.

I thought the US was already owned by Japan? :dunno:

That was the '80s. Japan's economy stagnated in the '90s and they couldn't afford us anymore. We're owned by China now.

The funny thing about that is the Brits actually owned more US based assets than the Japanese! :grinyes:

I thought the US was already owned by Japan? :dunno:

That was the '80s. Japan's economy stagnated in the '90s and they couldn't afford us anymore. We're owned by China now.

The funny thing about that is the Brits actually owned more US based assets than the Japanese! :grinyes:

If the Brits bought up our golf courses, I wouldn't mind too much, they invented the damned things anyway and could be trusted to maintain tradition.

I only mention this because when I was young and ignorant of/unexposed to recession, what pissed me off was the Japanese buying Riviera and Pebble Beach after they were finished buying up most of Waikiki. It was alarming at the time, but nothing by today's standards.

Archived