iPhone 4 in LOS?

Guy Himmaparn

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Both, actually. I know that I can cut one down if necessary, but since the phone is new I'm wondering if the guys upstairs at MBK have the unlock codes yet.

I had my SIM cut at 'Mall Bangkapi' but surely MBK will do it as well. There are also cutting templates available if you want to do it yourself and save 50-100 baht. Lastly, if you want to safe yourself a day of no phone service, you could do all this from home in preparation for your trip:

To jailbreak and unlock takes no technical skill and can be done in 30 min or less.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Both, actually. I know that I can cut one down if necessary, but since the phone is new I'm wondering if the guys upstairs at MBK have the unlock codes yet.

In which case I direct you to www.iclarified.com wherein you can see what can be done to jailbreak and unlock the phone. Sims up to you. :)

more specifically, http://www.iclarified.com/jailbreak/iphone4/firmware.php

... but expect the next Apple update to mess up your phone.

Correct. An update might turn your iPhone into an iBrick. Therefore it is better to wait with an update until the next gen. jailbreak software is out - or no update at all...

PS: Some countries sell provider free iPhones officially, but they have a big price tag.

All 3 of the mobile operators in TH were selling unlocked phones for about 4,000 THB more than with the contract.

I got the top of the line, max contract phone for 25k. Which was still cheaper than the 3Gs - not sure why they didn't dump the price of the 3Gs, unless they had no stock left coming in.

Archived