Paying a Girl's Barfine

expat

Dunno why I'm writing this, exactly. If the nightlife board was a hotbed of activity, I'd probably take a pass. As it is not, I'll post an experience I just had and see how it floats.

In one of my favorite bars, my favorite girl came to sit with me. Gorgeous as usual (Dumsoda has met her, but I doubt he would remember her until he saw her again), so I told her. However, she looked a bit under the weather, so I mentioned that also. She acknowledged that she wasn't feeling well and said that she had not slept since the previous night because friends had come around and they had been chatting.

It was of no major importance to me--just the usual kind of chat we had when together. I look at it as a business arrangement--act interested in me for half an hour or so and I'll buy you a drink or give you a tip and we are both happy. Any feelings of friendship are just added value. However, on this occasion, she whispered to me "can I talk about a problem I have?" I immediately perked up my ears in anticipation of a buffalo story--I don't get many as the girls I hang with generally know I live here.

I said, "sure, let me know the lowdown." She demurred. I pressed her--I'm always up for a good buffalo story, though to be honest I was a bit wary as I had pegged her (scuse the pun) as one of the good kids on the block. Finally she acquiesced: Here's her story--She said she wanted me to bar fine her and then she'd pay me back for the bar fine because she was so wasted from not sleeping. She claimed that if she just didn't come to work or left early they'd fine her much more than the price of a barfine (4 or 5 times as much iirc).

Being the nice guy that I am (and mostly because I love weird situations like this) I agreed, but she left to go dance. I called the serving girl over (believing that I hadn't quite made it clear to the dancer) and told her I wanted to pay the barfine.

Off we went. Down to seven-eleven, where she bought some gum with a thousand baht note. Outside seven, she gave me the six hundred baht bar fine. I walked her over to the songtaew stop and she went home (I assume).

I was not shocked--usually my assessment of human personality is fairly accurate. This kid is really a keeper. However, the years here and experiences I've had made me continue the experiment. Tonight I returned (the barfine incident was two nights ago) and wanted to see if I was now a persona non grata in her camp--if indeed she had been hoping I'd actually pay her barfine (I might have if she had just asked me directly).

Well, I don't think things have changed. She came and sat with me after dancing as usual, and I gave her a tip and she wai-ed me as usual.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I really believe that there's a lot of nice young ladies out there working who just want to have a good life.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've BF'd various girls over the years simply to get them to go home and sleep. Once, an ex of a very good mate. She was both coming on to me and also saying she was very tired, and would like to go to sleep.

Outside , gave her a chaste kiss, and told her to get onto a motocy and go home. She protested and said "You not like me anymore?"

"Yes, I do, I always did ever since I first and only time f..d you, before I knew you were jailbait at that time. But after that, you were my good friends GF, now sleeping with you would be like sleeping with my sister, cannot do!"

She smiled, waied, and disappeared into the night.

She faded away, just like my friend had earlier.

Four years later, I bumped into her in NEP, a bit bigger (actually suited her). I was with someone else at the time, but she still tried it on.

Memories....

Probably most start out that way. But experience hardens them.

I agree it hardens most, but I've met a few who never let it get to them the whole time I knew them. I still remember a Soi Cowboy girl like that--ended up married and off to Germany iirc.

Gorgeous as usual (Dumsoda has met her, but I doubt he would remember her until he saw her again)

Would that be the very pretty petite one from an upstairs establishment???

Wow, I didn't think there was a chance in hell you'd remember until you saw her again. She's at another bar now.

LOL

Something that pretty does not escape easily from the DC memory bank...

In all honesty I can only find one small (possibly temporary) flaw with that girl......

She's...."Yours"....

:grinyes::neener::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::neener::grinyes:

Archived