Question about constipation

Kind of a stupid question.

Everytime I visit the LOS I have constipation problems. Anyone have any suggestions of what sort of widely available foods in Thailand are good at keeping the plumbing working?

I eat a good variety of Thai food when I'm there so obviously none of the main Thai staples like rice and noodles are helping.

I eat all kinds of fruit when I'm there. One of my favorite things is sweet yellow mango with sticky rice and coconut milk. Also eat tons of green mango. If anything, the mango seems to do more harm than good.

In my case it all tends to happen a bit too much. Seem to get the totally opposite symptoms every visit, but it does tend to settle down after a few days. I have to say that I generally feel a lot healthier on the Thai diet than on Western food and its just another aspect that a miss so much, almost as much as the main 'raison d'etre'

I'm not an MD, but I think you need more fibre in your diet. This is something I become more conscious of as I get on in years. There is a supermarket on the 5th or 6th floor of the Emporium. I buy high-fibre granola breakfast cereal from this place and eat some for breakfast every day.

Also, as someone else suggested in this thread, eat more fruit. There's enough of it in the LOS.

JG

Som Tam, lots of Som Tam made with Pla La and extra chilli.

3 or 4 hours and even though it'll burn on the way out... it'll be out.

If there is a possibility of burning on the way out just make sure you have the toilet paper in the fridge from the night before. I find that a great help.

If there is a possibility of burning on the way out just make sure you have the toilet paper in the fridge from the night before. I find that a great help.

Try the premoistened baby wipes in the fridge or anywhere, great to cool the burning...why do all the threads usually end up in something going up our ass? oh well, status quo...

DB,

Apple sauce and saurkraut? isn't that a formula for lox powered explosives? Or do you have to throw in a Brautworst?

I generally have the opposite problem as I search for a cork to plug it up.

I have noticed in the past that my Thai staff (who must suffer from the same problem) are big on purchasing prunes - especially the Dole Pitted variety. In fact, one asked me to bring back a supply from the US when I was there as they are a bit expensive here I believe.

I sure looked cool going through customs with 4 boxes of prunes in my bag. smile.gif

Archived