Cool season?

Flashermac

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wife and son leave tomarrow for Bangkok, and then C.M. Her sister says it is very cold in C.M., around 6C for a low. I'm assuming that is in the mountains and not in C.M. For the years that I lived there, it got down to mid 60'sF. Most thais would have on heavy coats, particularly if they were on their motorcycles. Not me (I didn't have a heavy coat with me). For a 30-60 minute ride, it was OK but I wouldn't want to go on a cross country ride at that temperature without a coat. In Kansas City, it got close to 0C one nite and down to the upeer thirties for the last 2 weeks. It gets up to a balmy 60-70F for a high.

KS

I never realized that Madrid is on the top of a mountain. Highest capital city (elevation not drugs) in EU

The wife was over last week and was wrapped up like an escimo all of the time, it's not the cold as such but the massive delta temperature 25 C + swing everyday is extreme

On the plus side Spanish chicks in skin tight jeans and leather boots is gentle on the eye. Now I know why I never meet many Spanish guys in Thailand.

Guest lazyphil

they're rare, i met one on a hill tribe trek who bought a pig (to eat!) in honour of my birthday (25th i think), nice guy, great night, got very drunk with him and villagers!

the other spanish guy i met was in august, runs the bungalows called las orquidas in khao sok with his thai mrs, again, nice guy, couldn't do enough for us!

Archived