USA election thread - If you're not interested, then don't look!

Flashermac

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops I looked. Big night for the Republican party. What it will all mean though is that NOTHING of any consequence will get done for the next couple years at least. No republican would agree with Obama even if he said 1+1=2.

To be fair Pelosi didn't play nice either and was pretty arrogant about the power the Dems got a few yeas ago. The fact is there MUST be compromise to get anything done. You have your 2 or 3 issues that are non negotiable but comprimise gets things done.

Just like how there was no doubt Obama was going to win going into election night and it would be only a matter how much, the same for the Republians overall. It doesn't get viewers watching to say that so the networks and media will do this 'wow, the Republicans gained x amount of seats' thingy as if its something no one expected.

My fear is that withe the current animosity from both sides we'll sink deeper in the hole. The country is in a financial crisis. There needs to be some sort of mutual agreement from both parties and I suspect we'll get nothing like that.

I don't care who wins what to some extent as long as we do something but it appears that won't happen.

Irregardless of who wins, even the tea party people, the special interests will always be first at the table and hold the power behind the scenes.

Archived