Skype, IOS 4.1 JB

Coss

Has anyone got Skype on iPhone?

If so what are your experiences? reliability etc?

I'm late to this, but what I gather is, that I run Skype on the iPhone, when someone calls it'll ring?

And Skype to Skype calls are free. Other options attract various payments but generally low cost.

Any help/opinions gratefully received.

Coss

Has anyone got Skype on iPhone?

If so what are your experiences? reliability etc?

I'm late to this, but what I gather is, that I run Skype on the iPhone, when someone calls it'll ring?

And Skype to Skype calls are free. Other options attract various payments but generally low cost.

Any help/opinions gratefully received.

Coss

I use Skype on my iPhone. It works very well, but only with WiFi, since my provider has blocked Skype via 3G.

And yes, Skype to Skype is free. Skype to a mobile/land line costs a few cent. If you call one country frequently you can by subscription minutes.

The sound quality is very good, except sometimes I have an echo.

You can get called on Skype as well but I have never tried this and I don't know the costs involved.

I use Skype to Skype / iPhone to iPhone between Europe and Thailand on a daily basis without any problems.

I am using a 3GS IOS 4.1 the wife has a iPhone 4 IOS 4.1.

Slight problem with incoming call notifications, you don't get full ringtone as per a normal incoming call only a brief "Message Alert" tone which is easy to miss. Not an issue for me since I only use Skype to Skype with the wife and we tend to chat at around the same time everyday so I am expecting the call.

Works on 3G and Wifi both ends

Archived