Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I hate to say this.....

but there is no real math at this site.

There is if you click on "here" ... or would be if the link worked! :p

Meanwhile back at the polls

Daily Swing State Tracking Poll

The full Swing State tracking update offers Rasmussen Reader subscribers a combined view of the results from 11 key states won by President Obama in 2008 and thought to be competitive in 2012. The states collectively hold 146 Electoral College votes and include Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

In the 11 swing states, Mitt Romney earns 49% support to Obama’s 47%. One percent (1%) likes another candidate, and three percent (3%) are undecided.

This is the first time Romney has led the daily Swing State Survey since September 19. Until today, the president had led for 17 of the previous 19 days, and the candidates had been tied twice. This survey is based on findings from the previous seven days, with most of the responses now coming since Romney’s debate win last Wednesday night.

Forty-six percent (46%) of these Swing State voters are now “certain†they will vote for Romney and will not change their minds. Forty percent (40%) are certain they will vote for the president.

In 2008, Obama won these states by a combined margin of 53% to 46%, virtually identical to his national margin.

Nationally, the candidates are tied in the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll.

Rassmelon

Boston Man Arrested At LAX With Weapons, Body Armor

LOS ANGELES (CBS) – A Boston man was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport wearing body armor and carrying a significant cache of weapons.

On Friday, Yongda Huang Harris was on his way from Japan to Boston when customs agents stopped him.

In his luggage, they found a smoke grenade, three leather-coated Billy clubs, a collapsible baton, a full-face respirator, various knives, a hatchet, body bags, a biohazard suit, handcuffs, leg irons and a device to repel dogs. :surprised:

Harris was wearing a bulletproof vest and flame retardant pants. The 28-year-old lives in Boston, but has recently been working in Japan

The LAPD bomb squad determined that the smoke grenade fell under the United Nations’ explosives shipping classification, meaning it is prohibited on board passenger aircraft.

Harris faces one count of transporting hazardous materials. The charge carries a maximum penalty of up to five years in prison.

He was expected to appear in court Tuesday afternoon in Los Angeles.

Trick or treat? :_pumpkin:

Yongda Huang Harris ? What kind of fucked up combo is that ?

Just watching a lefty doco on the early months of the Obama administration and the absolute shitfight they inherited from GWB and his band of merry men. Apparently Biden was the only one in the room calling for Obama to think long and hard about withdrawing from Afghanistan - the President was railroaded by the Brass and Clinton into sending more troops. Biden was also slammed for getting into a shouting match with Karzai on his first official trip to Afghanistan as VP, and I know he cops plenty from comedians in the US, but I believe history will prove that he was right about Afghanistan. Sending more soldiers into an unwinnable conflict makes zero sense to me.

I heard that the Taliban were willing to give up bin Laden in exchange for a few things. The Afghans are infamous for changing sides. Some how Bush fcked that up. There was no need to invade. Also, there were at least one opportunity to capture him by special forces and due to some agreement that they needed permission to do it or had to let the Afghanis do it.

The whole thing was executed badly from what I understand.

"The whole thing was executed badly from what I understand."

I have watched C-Span with some who stated the same.

The whole Taliban thing could have been accomplished with just a few/some special forces who were already there. No invasion/occupation needed.

Sadly, so many US voters forget that GW Bush ran originally on the slogan of "no nation building".

So many of these polititians are just plain idiots.

Willard Romney

has pissed off

all Republicans

by going back to being Pro-Choice!

They all accused Kerry of "Flip Floping".

Now we have Romney all for womens issues. Even though he previously stated he would introduce legislation to overturn Rowe V Wade.

Now we have Romney stating he does like parts of Obamacare. Young folks covered under parents plan up to age 26. All for continuing coverage for pre-existiing conditions.

But before he stated that his FIRST bill sent to Congress would be the repeal of Obamacare.

THE ONE POLL THAT IS ACTUALLY SCIENTIFIC !

"The one poll where Obama has commanding lead: 7-11 coffee cups

October 9, 2012, 11:41 AM

While most polls in the presidential race are pretty tight, one that has successfully predicted the winners in the last three elections has President Barack Obama with a commanding lead: The 7-Eleven coffee cup contest.

The convenience-store chain sells coffee cups colored red or blue and marked with the names of the Democratic incumbent and his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney.

Nationally, Obama is up 60% to 40% and is even beating the former Massachusetts governor in such GOP strongholds as Utah, Texas and South Carolina.

As of Tuesday, Romney was ahead in just two states, Idaho and West Virginia. He does not break 60% in either of them while the president is well ahead of that number in several, including California, Washington, New Mexico and Iowa.

New Hampshire is tied.

– Bill Spain"

WINK