Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

An EMAIL poll ?

How scientific is that?

And now all over the wingnut blogs as legitimate.

And did the troops out on some fire support base in Afghanistan just turn on their laptop or iPhone and respond - in between incoming rounds or out on patrol?

How many of the 68,000 troops in Afghanistan actually have a mailed Post Office subscription?

"The Military Times Poll is a secure email survey of active-duty, National Guard and reserve members who are subscribers to the Military Times newspapers"

LINK

Lug nut or Wingnut. Either way the wheels are out of balance on this one.

It's most interesting to see how US media switched from daily Romney bashing to daily Obama bashing within a day.

As I said before, the 24 h news cycle forces the US media to blow up any tiny piece of information. Before the debate Obama was the genius campaigner who was beating Romney since months and know they say that Obama is just a loser...

Sept. 27: Daily Beast

GOP Self-Delusion Syndrome

With Obama’s lead in several swing states becoming insurmountable, the right has begun to panic

Oct. 8. Daily Beast

Did Obama Just Throw The Entire Election Away?

The Pew poll is devastating, just devastating.

You missed this one:

Does Obama Want Out?

A look at the president’s career shows he has never stayed in a job four years without looking to move on to something better.... Now Obama has been president for nearly four years. Aided by a huge Democratic majority from 2009 to 2011, he achieved some big things — massive stimulus, Obamacare, Dodd-Frank. He even won the Nobel Peace Prize, essentially for showing up.

But he hasn’t achieved, and won’t achieve in four more years, the “fundamental transformation†of American society that he envisioned. And his entire career suggests that by now he should be angling for a bigger, better job.

That we are having this discussion at all reflects the enormity of Obama's implosion. This race is now Romney's to lose. Not just because Romney is shameless liar and opportunist. But because Obama just essentially forfeited the election. In the first match-up between the two candidates, one was a potential president; the other a dithering wonk. I'm still reeling. I'm sorry if these are not things an Obama supporter should say at this point. But the demoralization is profound.

My link

Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan

Last night, the Obama campaign blasted out another email claiming that Mitt Romney's tax plan would either require raising taxes on the middle class or blowing a hole in the deficit. "Even the studies that Romney has cited to claim his plan adds up still show he would need to raise middle-class taxes," said the Obama campaign press release. "In fact, Harvard economist Martin Feldstein and Princeton economist Harvey Rosen both concede that paying for Romney’s tax cuts would require large tax increases on families making between $100,000 and $200,000."

But that's not true. Princeton professor Harvey Rosen tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD in an email that the Obama campaign is misrepresenting his paper on Romney's tax plan:

"I can’t tell exactly how the Obama campaign reached that characterization of my work. It might be that they assume that Governor Romney wants to keep the taxes from the Affordable Care Act in place, despite the fact that the Governor has called for its complete repeal. The main conclusion of my study is that under plausible assumptions, a proposal along the lines suggested by Governor Romney can both be revenue neutral and keep the net tax burden on taxpayers with incomes above $200,000 about the same. That is, an increase in the tax burden on lower and middle income individuals is not required in order to make the overall plan revenue neutral."

You can check the math that shows Romney's plan is mathematically possible here.

But Democrats never lie. ;)

I hate to say this.....

but there is no real math at this site.

You missed this one:

Does Obama Want Out?

There are many more. Until 10 days ago US media (except Fox and co.) in an avalanche of articles declared Romney an incompetent loser, who was running a terrible campaign and has incompetent staff. Obama instead did everything almost perfectly.

Now Obama is suddenly the incompetent loser, while Romney suddenly found his mojo...

Seeing this I guess both versions are exaggerated.

The election is simply too close and no one has an idea of the outcome (except the spinmasters on both sides of course). But the audience would get really bored if the media would repeat this every day. Therefore they have to create drama.

I suggest the election is not as close as the media says. Look back at 08. the media did not count mccain out at any point. They were pessimistic as they were with romney but at no time that i can remember did they say obama will likeky win.

Maybe journalistic principles. i suggest its to keep people watching tv or reading newspapers and internet news sites.

The margin of victory for obama was too big for it to be a surprise. Even on this forum there were still doubts. At the tine i kept sayibg its a matter of how big. I am far from a genius. Thats obvious...lol. The polls are fairly accurate. They have this stuff down to a science. The independent ones that is. Clearpolitics is a great indicator.

Too nany things has to hapoen for romney to win.

Its pretty much a done deal.