Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Obama has done worse than I (and probably others) expected. I think the Obama we thought we were getting sold out during the general campaign after he got all that Wall Street money. That said, I would personally say he was the 2nd or 3rd best President in the last 30 years or so. Clinton was better and depending on your view, Reagan. But, to me at least, better than both Bushes.

Also, in hindsight, can anyone say with a straight face that McCain and...gulp...Palin...would have been better? Even Romney. Romney was a complete agent for the top 1%. The fact that he wanted to give the military 1 trillion dollars in his proposed budget, money the miitary didn't ask for want. Top generals were saying they had no way to spend it if they had, it would more of a burden than a boon. That money was going to go to Haliburton and the rest of the miitary-industrial complex. We certainly would have been in embroilled in all the Arab spring revolts. My guess is and I don't think I'm too far over the top but we 'd probably have troops on the ground in Egypt, Libya, Syria, Ukraine and definitely would not have demilitarized our opporations in Iraq. We'd have tons of troops there and Afghanistan. Not sure I even want to imagine what that America and world would be like.

Had Romney won, we'd be run de facto by the Tea Party...I don't even wanna think about that.

They are not undocumented immigrants. An undocumented immigrant is a person in legal entry status whose case is not complete -- an immigrant. This is a ridiculous euphemism used by the liberal idiot left who are desperately trying to piss it all away. Shameful and disgusting.

They're fucking illegal aliens. Same as you would be here if you slinked in over the border or let your visa lapse.They should be shot and their bodies dumped in the Rio Grande.

I support legal immigration. If you want to live in America or become an American -- there's a line -- get in it.

Absolutely. Illegal aliens are criminals. It's that simple. Every farang living in Thailand knows the difference between being in a legal and illegal status.

There are laws and there should be consequences. Thailand jails and deports illegals. America coddles them and gives them food and shelter. Sickening.

Some US military veterans with honorable discharges are not US citizens with no green card and living in the US presently.

Should those honorably discharged veterans living in the US be shot also?

Should they be shot on sight or be coddled with food and shelter and be provided a hearing? Or just an immediate execution?

"Are you a current or former member of the U.S. military? By this we mean a service person who is or has been on active or reserve duty with the U.S. Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, or Coast Guard, or in a National Guard unit while the unit was federally recognized as a reserve component of the U.S. Armed Forces. (This definition comes from the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations at 8 C.F.R section 328.1.)

If you fit one of these descriptions, and are thinking of applying for U.S. citizenship, you'll first want to understand the general requirements for citizenship described in Nolo's article U.S. Citizenship Through Naturalization: Who Is Eligible and How to Apply. Most of these rules will apply to you as a military member -- for example, you'll need to learn English and prepare for the exam on U.S. history and government."

LINK

I had a professor from Limerick, Ireland who enlisted in the Army when he emigrated to the States in the mid 1950s. I asked him why he had. He said many young Irish immigrants did so, because it reduced the residency time required to apply for citizenship from 5 years to just 3. I wonder if that is still in practice.

All of this just proves the fallacy of simplistic solutions to a complicated issue.

Listening to Fox News, nut case right wing radio personalities, or some obtuse web site only inculcates one with obtuse absurd simplistic solutions to very complex issues.

Ya, shoot the children on sight - that's a good one.

PS. Allow the illegal entry pets to stay ! dog_running-186.gif