Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I had an uncle who was in the Korean War. I may have told the story in another thread somewhere. Basically, he lied his age at 16 to escape Tulsa, Oklahoma. He's an irascible, racist guy. Hates, whites, Asians and believe it or not a lifelong Republican who hates dem Maxine Waters. Anyway, I heard he had anger issues when he was a kid and his mother was sure he'd get lynched. He had a short temper and still does. You have to be wary around him, anything can set him off.

Anyway, in those days many folks were born at home so no hospital birth certificates. He was born at home as well. The army didn't care too much to verify things as they needed people for the Korean War. He told me he confided to some buddies in his unit that he was 16 and they helped him get his first confirmed kill before he turned 17.

He left Korea scarred. Told me stories such as "...all this talk about the sh*t we did to civilians in Vietnam, man, we were doing that same sh*t in Korea. Not much press around in those days."

He told me about a guy who was a complete nut. Coming from my uncle he had to be. This uncle had guns all over the house. Before they banned the stuff, automatic weapons of all kinds.

Anyway, he told me of a guy who would routinely kill villagers in the small villages where no one would hear about it. To be fair the North Koreans and the Chinese were doing as much if not worse. However, this guy according to my uncle was a complete nut. Great soldier. He seemed to have a 6th sense about things, fearless when he needed to be, backed off and even retreated when he needed to be. Had a nack for it. Everyone was scared sh*tless of him though, even officers, because you just didn't know what he might do.

When he got his papers to go home he was in Seoul and according to my uncle just disappeared. To this day my uncle said, he's sure the military killed him because they couldn't trust a guy like that back in society. They knew he'd go off and end up on a killing spree or a serial killer and with his skills he'd know how to hide if need be.

almost not even worth posting this article. Who gives a sh*t about some small town mayor in Clovis, NM. A governor or a mayor of a major city, okay, but this guy is not even worth mentioning just thought it was more funny than anything else.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/16/new-mexico-mayor-anti-obama-remarks_n_1353265.html?ref=fb&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec3_lnk3&pLid=144298&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=321726,b=facebook

New Mexico Mayor David Lansford's Obama Remarks Lead City Official To Resign, Consider Recall Effort

Brent "Bud" DaBell, a local realtor who worked for Clovis' Planning and Zoning Commission, said he was considering pursuing a recall of Mayor David Lansford, who called Obama "the carnal manifestation of evil."

The mayor also wrote several articles for ATLAH's website during his hiatus from Clovis' government. The articles outline some of Lansford's conspiracy theories about the president, including speculation that the CIA recruited Obama while he was a student at Occidental College.

"His background, language skills and physical characteristics made him ideal for the objectives of the CIA and it's [sic] role during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan," wrote Lansford. "The CIA trained and equipped Obama to use whatever means necessary to achieve the desired outcome. Obama was tasked with providing arms, logistics and money to the Taliban."

This is a bit more ominous. Not that a Democratic party controlled legislature hasn't done some whacky things as well but man, even the looney far lefties in Santa Monica or West Hollywood, California don't seem half as scary as Republicans in control.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/15/wisconsin-gop-votes-to-ban-private-abortion-insurance-coverage/

Last week, Republicans introduced a bill claiming that single moms are the cause of child abuse. And earlier this week, Wisconsin Republicans stated the battered women should divorce their abusive husbands. The GOP raised the bar again today by banning private abortion insurance and repealing a law requiring the teaching of contraception in school.

The Wisconsin House was supposed to talk jobs and the economy but they ended up arguing about social issues. The first bill to pass was an anti-abortion bill that bans private insurance companies from covering abortion as part of the health insurance exchange as set up by the Affordable Care Act. Abortion coverage had been allowed as long as it complied with the Hyde Amendment but Wisconsin Republicans decided to ban coverage of abortions in cases of rape and saving the life of the mother. Essentially, Wisconsin is banning women from having private abortion coverage. Democrats were helpless as the bill was slammed through the assembly by a vote of 61-34.

Even though this has racist slur overtones, undertones, any tone...lol...I had to laugh at the ingenuity of it. I didn't get angry so much as chuckle.

But a friend of mine saw a bumper sticker in Pennsylvania that said "Don't ReNig in 2012"...its okay to laugh...as long as you don't like it.. :wink:

The tough thing about criticizing Obama on the right is the obvious. He's black and has a islamic name. It hangs there. Its the same as if he was gay, handicapped or female.

Any criticism has to avoid stating that about the guy. Its just how it is.

Clovis is in the middle of nowhere. The railroad created it around the turn of the 20th century, putting a station on the Texas-New Mexico border, calling it a town, and then selling lots. My grandmother told me her uncle made a lot of money selling land there. No one in their right mind would want to live in the place. Think of flat, treeless, hot and dry. A school girl picked the name Clovis, since she'd been reading about French kings in the Middle Ages.

Your uncle sounds like a GI a friend told me about. The guy was a door gunner, and the best door gunners tend to be homicidal maniacs. This guy would fire at anything he saw on the ground - VC, NVA, farmers, cattle, monkeys, monks, nuns, children. Everyone in the company was scared to death of him, but the officers protected him. A buddy was a retired Huey pilot. One day we saw a bunker sticker for a reunion of VN War helicopter pilots. He said he wasn't interested. I asked about a door gunners reunion. He replied they'd have to hold it in a lunatic asylum.

p.s. Speaking of the CIA, a retired colonel at JUSMAG told me some interesting stories about Thaksin Shinawatra when he was in the US the first time, about how he suddenly came into a lot of money to go into business etc. The rumour is that Takky became a CIA informer. Wonder how that would go over, if it could be proven. Probably no way it could be. :hmmm:

The longer you are in a war, and the worse it becomes, the more likely something like this will happen. There were instances of GIs going barmy in WWII and gunning down prisoners and civilians. The US covered them up and few were ever prosecuted. So tell me again, why are we in Aghanistan?

Republicans want to keep the commies out.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/07/law-professor-u-s-in-state-of-perpetual-war/#.T2QxVNWzni4.facebook

“The idea of wartime is doing a lot of work in American politics,†she said. “The way we think about history is history passes through two different kinds of time, from wartime to peacetime to wartime et cetera.â€

“That’s the way we learn about it in school, that’s the way that we imagine it. When we use to concept of wartime, we assume that wartime is by definition temporary.â€

But Dudziak noted that over the past 100 years, there had been few times when the United States was not engaged in a some sort of military conflict.

I've always hated the concept of war on any thing that you can't define and has no end. Going back to LBJ's 'war on poverty', Nixon's 'war on drugs' and the present 'war on terror', even the war on al qaeda is a misnomer.

We will never totally eradicate poverty, drugs, al qaeda or terror. What we end up is, is a reason for the government to spend money and certain agencies and companies having a permament revenue stream.

I wish Ron Paul or someone else with balls question all these wars and to stop calling it a war if there is no definition of the ending. Everyone wants to stop drugs, poverty, terrorism. The IRS is a war on unpaid taxes.

Its all BS. As the author says we have been in almost constant state of military war for decades as well.