Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Before somebody digs it up and informs on me, I'd better confess everything.

When I was 11 I got a "red card" the school told me would follow me the rest of my life because I threw snowballs at a classmate. Not only that, I got sent to the high school vice principal's office when I was 15 for pitching pennies against a building on campus. He called and informed my parents. :(

Before somebody digs it up and informs on me, I'd better confess everything.

When I was 11 I got a "red card" the school told me would follow me the rest of my life because I threw snowballs at a classmate. Not only that, I got sent to the high school vice principal's office when I was 15 for pitching pennies against a building on campus. He called and informed my parents. :(

Therefore you are unfit to become president of the United States!

BTW, wasting billions by sending your people to an unjust war will bring you at least 150.000 USD per lecture after your retirement. evil-halloween.gif

You just think too small. You should think in pennies at all.

African-American Church Leaders Condemn Obama For Gay Marriage Support

BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Just days after President Barack Obama announced his support for same-sex marriage, pastors and priests around Maryland took to their own pulpits with their reaction– and in some cases– condemnation of the president.

Both sides hope the president’s position helps sway votes in their favor when the issue hits Maryland’s ballot this November.

“I think same-sex couples should be able to get married,†President Obama said.

When President Obama announced that his position on same-sex marriage had evolved, it outraged some African-American pastors like Pastor and Del. Emmett Burns.

“He has said to his base, African-Americans, ‘I am going against your beliefs and your thoughts’,†Burns said.

He’s so opposed to same-sex marriage, he told church members he will no longer support the president and now predicts Obama will lose the election because of it.

He and many other leaders are pouring their energies into gathering the signatures needed to put Maryland’s same-sex marriage law on the November ballot.

“I think it might be a call to action for people to really express what they believe,†Father Erik Arnold of Our Lady of Perpetual Help said.

In Maryland, some of the strongest opposition to the law has come from the black community– about 30 percent of the population. Some African-American religious leaders are preaching about it

“God said in every home, there needs to be a representation of his glory through manhood and femininity,†Pastor Harry Jackson, Hope Christian Church in Beltsville, said.

“To me, this is an issue of the separation of church and state,†Pastor Delman Coates, Enon Baptist Church in Clinton, said.

Pastor Coates is one of the few black pastors who supports the current law.

“We should not allow our subjective theological understandings prevent other citizens of this country from having equal rights,†he said.

So far, voters in 30 states have rejected same-sex marriage

But equality advocates in Maryland believe the president’s comments are a sign of the changing tide.

“The momentum is shifting. I think things are definitely shifting in our direction here,†Ezekiel Jackson of Marylanders for Marriage Equality said.

Many African-American pastors say they will still support the president in November even though they may not agree with him on this particular issue.

The president’s announcement that he supports same-sex marriage came just one day after voters in North Carolina banned same-sex unions.

My link

Gays (as well as Jews) were stalwart supporters of civil rights and many in the Black community have sadly been aienating them. Gays have never been accepted per se in black communities and there has always been a high amount of homophobia (myself included) but with that there has always been a live and let live atmosphere. In just about every black hair salon there is the stereotypial gay guy that is even parodied in movies. While many white families would estrange their gay son, black families wouldn't go as far sometimes. Just rolled our eyes and mothers would try and 'pray' them back to heterosexuality at church. lol.

As I see this, the whole quarrel is over terminology. I don't think anybody wants to keep gay couples from living together and having all the legal rights of married people. The sticking point is calling that union a "marriage". Gays insist on using the word and religious folks are dead set against it. Too bad they can't think of a new word.

Civil Union?

Some important things like Life Insurance, pensions, wills, etc.. have to be thought of also.

But why should only hetro's feel the pain of marriage/divorce? Lawyers, priests and the government should be thankful - what a business development market here! Tax and fees - here we come.

I'm a Christian. Born again Christian. Doctrine wise I'm fundamentalist in my beliefs about the Bible. I personally believe homosexuality is a sin. I personally believe a homosexual marriage is not recognized before God.

However, I'm for gays to be allowed to marry and be recognized as marriage as I am. Churches don't have to perform it. I know plenty of churches who won't perform inter-faith marriages for example. There are still some churches who won't perform interracial marriages.

What is hypocritical about the whole debate is that those who are against gays marrying are said to be defending the term marriage. What term? If we take the term to mean what marriage was at the founding of the country then a marriage between races is not a marriage. A woman was pretty much property as well.

The fact is that those who argue against gay marriages on grounds that they are defending marriage or against re-defining what marriage is, is that the concept of marriage has been evolving in America since its founding. They are defending a concept that has been changing.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not comfortable with 2 men marrying and even 2 women to some extent. I don't wanna see them kissing, I don't wanna see them holding hands. I either laugh or cringe when I see falangs and thai boys holding hands in Pattaya as well as seeing two guys holding hands while I drive through west Hollywood.

A sin is a sin is a sin in the Bible. Homosexuality as fas as I can tell doesn't carry any extra weight. Jesus himself doesn't discuss it amongst the many things he spoke against. I know Christian parents who would still maintain contact with their son if he lived unmarried with his girlfriend, although not liking it but would disown the same son if he was living with a guy in a romantic relationship. No difference in sin.

Although I'd like to think its about me it isn't. I and the rest of us have to live with things we may not like but at the end of the day is fair. Gays marrying is one of those things.

Not of fan of NeoCon Krauthammer but I firmly agree on this. Probably for political reasons he's against drones in America. Allowing would seem something a Republican pol would allow.

No drones in America!! It will happen, you can bet on it. Not sure how much more proof the masses need that we are no longer free.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/05/14/krauthammer_on_drones_flying_in_us_stop_it_here_stop_it_now.html#.T7G7KsF-cSU.facebook