Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

"$50,000 a Plate? Romney’s Israel Fundraiser Too Steep for Me

July 29th, 2012 by Joshua Lapidus

Mitt Romney, presumptive Republican nominee for President, is in Israel now to hold high-level meetings with his “friend,†Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and to host a fundraiser for high-rollers.

I thought about going myself, but $50,000 a plate was a tad too steep for my taste. (Of course, I could also get a few of my friends together and raise $100,000.)

Romney’s trip couldn’t be timed better, politically speaking. He’s taking advantage of the fact he’s running against a president who hasn’t visited Israel yet while in office.

Bibi (I mean, if they’re really best buds, Mittens totally calls the PM Bibi, right?) has declared Romney a friend to the state of Israel – and now he’s trying to cash in on that with a media-blitz trip to Israel that’ll sear the image of Romney at the Western Wall into the minds of every American voter. Going up against an incumbent is difficult – so challengers have to do everything they can to appear more statesman-like."

LINK

"Mormons Still Baptizing Dead Jews Despite Agreements to End Practice"

LINK

YOU, yes YOU too may be batized (again for some) by the Church of Latter Day Saints after your demise !

Mississippi just seems to be stuck in the past. Ultimately its own citizens are to be blamed for putting up with bullshyt. My guess is they play the divisive politics very well there and play one group against the other in the old but time tested, divide and conquer game.

I'm gonna premise this next statement by saying I'm a zionist and believe in the state of Israel. That said, I don't like one bit that part of being president is having to basically go kiss ass to Israel. Our relationship with ANY nation should NOT be part of the election process. Foreign policy, fine, discuss views but our candiates basically go kissing ass to a foreign country as part of the process. I don't give a f*ck what foreign country, it should NOT be part of the process. Its weak and demeaning. Of course we all know why: Florlida. In order to get the Jewish vote in Florida we have to show them that...get this...we are loyal to a FOREIGN country?! What the f*ck?! What is wrong with this picture? You have to show Americans that you are loyal to another country in order to get them to vote for you? I don't give a damn what th country is. Even our closest allies. Going to England, Israel, etc. to kiss ass is NOT cool.

Time to tell any American that you're an American first. No problem in loving your ancestral home, yadda, yadda, but if you're basing your loyalty as an American on what happens in another country, you need to find another country. If Africa is f*cking up against America, I'm an American first and foremost. We gotta stop this shyt. Its pathetic.

• Like 1

Okay, while in my present mood, I'll comment about Syria. I'll admit I'm not well versed in the particulars of that struggle so I could be completely off and will have a welcome ear for any information contrary to my view.

I heard some Republicans responding to Obama's foreign policy wins by noting Syria. They want a more 'active' role and active means military. They also talked about Russia and China vetoing security council actions. I'll take the 2nd point first. What the f*ck is any Republican gonna do to get the Russians and Chinese on board? Those two countries ALWAYS veto actions against anyone. Romney has no special strategy for getting them on board short of paying them off via trade deals, etc.

We've gone into too many messes guns blazing. From what I can tell militarily its similar to Iraq, multiple ethnic and reigious groups who all don't trust each other. It would be a mess. We seem to be doing the right thing with mounting pressure from every corner. Assad has to know its a matter of when not if he has to go. I gotta think if I were him, he knows the world is against him and an exit strategy where he can keep his head....and some of his money is all he can come up with. If I were him I'd eye Iran as a place to live out the rest of my days. I don't see what else Obama can be doing other than covert action getting aid, in all forms to the rebels and I have to assume the CIA is doing that now very quietly. Directly or via a 3rd country.

I would hardly say Cheney is news, though he has his right to his say. I've sometimes wondered how Bush's presidency would have been without Darth Cheney as his veep. I don't think anyone can say that Cheney was a positive influence on Bush. Suppose he had had someone like Colin Powell instead.

As to the Republicans and Syria, they have to make an issue of it, since it is an election year. Remember how Obama was going to bring the boys home and voters presumed he would limit America's foreign adventures? Was that ever a disappointment.

Remember how Obama was going to bring the boys home and voters presumed he would limit America's foreign adventures? Was that ever a disappointment.

Boys home from Iraq. Repubs hated that and wanted US to STAY !!

No boys on Libya soil. Nada. Done.

No boys in Syria.

Phased withdrawel from Ganistan.

So I have to ask the question:

Do magnets affect folks wearing tin foil hats?

Bush and cheney are toast with regards to history. Carter was demonized. Iran killed him off. The economy was bad almost that whole decade under ford and nixon. Republicans were better back then at character assassination and now the dems and left of center media have caught on.

Obama is a canny politician with smart people around him. He can play the game and thinks like a lawyer. Probes for weakness.

Reagan is deified by conservatives. They have been able to co opt his legacy as a top 10 presidant in the group after tthe mt. Rushmore crowd.

Bush and cheney are toast with regards to history. Carter was demonized. Iran killed him off. The economy was bad almost that whole decade under ford and nixon. Republicans were better back then at character assassination and now the dems and left of center media have caught on.

Obama is a canny politician with smart people around him. He can play the game and thinks like a lawyer. Probes for weakness.

Reagan is deified by conservatives. They have been able to co opt his legacy as a top 10 presidant in the group after tthe mt. Rushmore crowd.