Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

No one in story above has been found guilty.

There was zero voter fraud in my state.

In 2010 Republicans took control of state house and senate.

First thing they did was pass voter ID.

Set up, by, you guessed it . . . ALEC (again).

To maintain the Republican controls and prevent all of that potential "fraud" from phantom Democrat voters.

All federal House of Representatives in 2010 were Republican.

2012 election.

All federal House of Representative went Democrat.

Governor went Democrat.

The local state House of Representatives went Democrat.

The Tea Party here has virtually vanished.

Voter ID is one step away from a national ID card. And all of the implications of such.

Take a walk on the beach and not carry your national ID card - arrested.

Be anywhere without national ID card - arrested. Guilty until you can prove who you are.

Is that what you voter ID folks wish to have?

So you're saying that Democrats don't have any ID, but Republicans do.

:stirthepo

The premise is that the poor and the old are more likely to be Democrats and are more likely not to have an ID. So having an ID requirement to vote would be an advantage to Republicans in winning an election because more Democrates will be turned away than Republicans for not having an ID.

• Like 1

The premise is that the poor and the old are more likely to be Democrats and are more likely not to have an ID. So having an ID requirement to vote would be an advantage to Republicans in winning an election because more Democrates will be turned away than Republicans for not having an ID.

I could not have summed up this any better.

As a member of the military and getting old, I totally believe you should have an ID to vote. Voting is more powerful than buying a drink or driving a car or a gun. And i believe you should have ID to do all four of them.

Most voters have IDs. But there are citizens who are and have been voters with no valid picture ID. They are registered as voters, but don't drive, purchase assault weapons, or travel to places that require an ID. Some could be old folks in a small town that everybody knows.

There are citizens who are and have been voters with no valid picture ID. They are registered as voters, but don't drive, purchase assault weapons, or travel to places that require an ID. Some could be old folks in a small town that everybody knows or the poor.

Everyone has to register to vote. ID is a must there. So they have one of some kind.

There are also people (lots!) that buy guns with out any id at all. Legally. I dont agree with that either.

And Voting is way more important... and gets way more people killed.