Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

They were invited to participate a 1' date='000 times. Fuckin' pussy Obama practically sucked their cocks to get them to the table. And gave in to ANYTHING the GOP wanted, hence such a crappy bill. And the GOP still stayed home.

[/quote']

I happened to watch the TV coverage (live) of the big healthcare pow-wow organised and orchestrated by Obama. Fucking joke. It was supposed to be an opportunity for the GOP to present their ideas. All Obama would say was something like "it's something to think about". I don't ever recall him saying "good idea". Somebody put a timer on the speakers. Guess what? Even though there were basically the same number of Demos and GOP legislators at the meeting, Demos were given the floor to talk about 3/4 of the time...and Barry took up about 3/4 of that time. So don't call it bullshit. The bullshit is the 2500 page Obamacare legislation. [color:red]A fucking monkey at a keyboard could have done better.[/color]HH

I would say the Patriot Act has more devastasting aspects then Obama Care. Why didn't you bitch about Obama Care?

I personally have no idea what if anything the GOP offered to the bill. All I do know is that I have 2 friends with small businesses (Restaurants) that had or will have to fire people to comply with the law and stay in business.

Strange that in Germany everybody has to have health insurance and we have medicare (for the unemployed, the poor, e.g.). And it seems that we pay much less, don't have coverage caps (no family goes bankrupt when one family member get cancer e.g.) and we don't have such a severe preexisting condition clauses - and we pay less and it is working well more or less.

Of course our system isn't perfect, there seems to be a lot of corruption and waste as well, but nevertheless.

From what I understood the USA system was suppose to be similar.

i.e. Person works in a restaurant:

NOW: They get sick, they generally don't have health insurance and end up running a lot of medical bills. They get rid of the medical bills by filing bankruptcy. The medical bills are unbelievable high because the person gets charged at the highest rate possible. Everybody takes a loss.

WHAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN UNDER O'BAMA CARE: Small restaurant without much profit or any profit at the end of the year. The employeers cost would be almost zero if not zero. Employee gets sick. The employee gets medical care and doesn't have to file bankruptcy. The insurance company is charged one of the smallest amounts for the service.

Just curious, HH. Have you ever bothered to figure out what your recent stay in a hospital cost, in total? Did you ever dispute a charge that seemed high, or was clearly incorrect. Or did you figure you weren't paying for it, so who cares, as long as you got the treatment that you deserved.

Edited by Guest

What is Germany's tax rate?

The USA tax rate probably is higher.

For example, if a person claims to be in a 35% tax rate in the USA, in all actuality he probably is in a tax rate over 50% (slave class). The reason for saying this is that most people forget to include Socual Security and Medicare as a tax. That rate is 15.30%.

If you include sales tax, property tax, etc., we probably all are paying over 50% in taxes and getting shit in return.

From what I understood the USA system was suppose to be similar.

i.e. Person works in a restaurant:

WHAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN UNDER O'BAMA CARE: Small restaurant without much profit or any profit at the end of the year. The employeers cost would be almost zero if not zero. Employee gets sick. The employee gets medical care and doesn't have to file bankruptcy. The insurance company is charged one of the smallest amounts for the service.

Real world: Restaurant owner has to provide health insurance to all employees if he is over a certain number. (25 I think, not sure.) Lowest quote came in at about $1.5k per person per year. At that level, if 30 people are employed, restaurant pays 45k off the bottom line for ins that it was not paying before. Result: If this is a small establishment, restaurant fires enough employees to be below the standard.

One guy I know said he thought he might be able to do it and survive but was not willing risk it so he fired 10 people and became his own cleaning crew and host staff.