Best Economy Class Service

USVirgin

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not happy with Emirates in economy any more.

They seem to have rested on their laurels and dropped their standards since they've become "global".

Qatar and Etihad have taken over from Emirates AFAIK.

Also, the fact that Emirates put 10-across seating in coach compared to 9 on say, Singapore and Thai makes a BIG difference!

:cussing:

My top 3 based on my own travels are:

Singapore, Malaysian and Qatar.

Emirates is pissing everyone off (even Singapore) with their alleged subsidies. Their advertising budget, even here in the US, is mind boggling. Never flown them but I would, out of convenience, if I had to get from say Glasgow to BKK (thereby avoiding Heathrow :up: ).

Glad to see Air New Zoo come in at #2. They may not have hot stewardesses, but economy seating has always been comfortable and the service is quite good.

SQ does little things that just don't happen on most other airlines. Example: The ex works for them at LAX. Yesterday, she emceed a cake cutting ceremony at the gate in commemoration of the 30 year anniversary of the LAX-NRT flight (a couple of speeches and cake and gifts for the passengers).

She brought a piece of cake to an elderly Japanese passenger in wheelchair in the gate lobby. The old guy got all emotional, for some reason, and started crying. She gave him a hug and took a photo of him and his son. The son asked her to email him a copy of the picture, which she did. But the email was rejected, so she sent a message to Narita staff to have them verify the addy with the pax on arrival.

This morning she gets a message from Narita. "Your email probably bounced because the attached file was too big. But don't worry. We printed the photo, had it framed, and presented it to him on debarkation."

Turns out he was business class, but that had nothing to do with it.

Fark! Talk about going the extra mile. It's not by accident, though. They have training programs in Sillypore to foster teamwork among ground staff between stations. They also encourage creativity, believe it or not.

Archived