Best Economy Class Service

USVirgin

I'm not happy with Emirates in economy any more.

They seem to have rested on their laurels and dropped their standards since they've become "global".

Qatar and Etihad have taken over from Emirates AFAIK.

Also, the fact that Emirates put 10-across seating in coach compared to 9 on say, Singapore and Thai makes a BIG difference!

:cussing:

My top 3 based on my own travels are:

Singapore, Malaysian and Qatar.

Piggy, absolutely agree there Emirates standards have dropped in recent years. Either getting too big for their boots or just taken their eye off the ball? Also agree about the seating, on 777's most airlines seem to have 9 across unlike greedy Emirates cramming 10 in. Another airline thats lost it is Thai last time I flew with them, the first time for a few years and they where crap. Even the service which used to be their big selling point at one time was very ordinary.

Simie.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another airline thats lost it is Thai last time I flew with them, the first time for a few years and they where crap. Even the service which used to be their big selling point at one time was very ordinary.

Sadly yes. I used to do 200k+ miles with them a year. I have switched all my biz to SQ now, save for the occasional routes that just need to be done on TG due to scheduling. They're hopeless. And I find SQ cheaper in most cases as well. And then there's the very short walk to the immi counter because SQ have the best gates in Swampy (D2 & D3) :doah: . Why the home airline would let the main competition have that is mind boggling to me...

I got the shits on last flight I took with Thai Airways from LOS to Farangland.

And as plane was approaching runway and cute stewardesses were strapped in - I had to run to the WC.

"Sir, you have to stay in seat." Ya, right!

Another airline thats lost it is Thai last time I flew with them, the first time for a few years and they where crap. Even the service which used to be their big selling point at one time was very ordinary.

Simie.

Just flew Thai to FRA-BKK. Compared to Lufthansa Thai still offers good value. Thai has *much* more legroom than Lufthansa on its international flights. Also the service is still much better than Lufthansa.

I got the shits on last flight I took with Thai Airways from LOS to Farangland.

And as plane was approaching runway and cute stewardesses were strapped in - I had to run to the WC.

"Sir, you have to stay in seat." Ya, right!

That is a REALLY bad thing to happen on a plane, especially when coming in for a landing, just a horrible place and timing, thats for sure :grinyes:

There is no way any flight attendant would stop me from going to the toilet, especially with the shits. One can only imagine, taking a crap in your clothes, in your seat. That would really get the plane to the gate fast as hell :shocked::up:

Economy is tolerable, on many asian airlines, because of good service with no bad attitudes.

US airlines, when unavoidable, are usually a very short ride for me when flying in USA, compared to across the pacific, which I avoid them like the plague.

Archived