AUSSIE THREAD

Hugh_Hoy

It kind of makes me sad that the Opera House was renamed, temporarily, the Oprah House.

Always thought better of our friends down under, but here you go...

"US chat show queen Oprah Winfrey has taped two shows for her 25th - and final - series in front of thousands of screaming fans in Sydney, Australia.

The shows were taped next to the city's landmark opera house, re-named the Oprah House for the occasion."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11988547

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion of Oprah has changed since she's been here.

The coverage is so extensive - it's a really big thing down here - people going absolutely bananas.

Anyway, the $5 mill the government kicked in has already had a $70 mill spin-off in the form of increased revenue and forward bookings due to coverage of her visit here. It's a good thing.

Go Oprah! :thumbup:

Indigenous leader shows Oprah 'third-world' conditions in NT communities

A senior Aboriginal leader has personally delivered an impassioned video message to Oprah Winfrey intended to "shock" the TV host with a depiction of the "hidden" reality of life in Northern Territory indigenous camps.

NSW Aboriginal Land Council chairwoman Bev Manton handed the video to Winfrey at her Sydney welcoming party to highlight the “third world†conditions in the communities she says are “almost soul-destroyingâ€Â.

The talk show queen and her entourage of fans have been exposed to some of Australia’s most inspirational sights on their tour, including the luxurious Hamilton Island, the super-trendy Byron Bay and Melbourne’s Federation Square.

But Ms Manton’s video depicts a very different Australia – and there has been criticism that Winfrey could be doing more to highlight the living conditions of indigenous people.

“I hope the stories you see and the vision you see shocks you because it shocked me,†Ms Manton says in the video."

Link

When Oprah started out, she was a useless man bashing cunt! She has changed her style completely and is about self empowerment and spiritual growth, over coming crap in life, and many positive things.

If you read her bio, she has over come a hell of a lot to get where she is, and she deserves a lot of respect for it. Besides making her self rich, she has helped a lot of people with her energy and money, and again, she deserves respect for it.

I'm extremely disappointed you made no comment on the posts by Chappie and myself above

My apologies.....I agonized about it for quite some time but felt in the absence of a certain individual I should refrain.

If I post a link on Happy Meal Toys in other countries in a new Belgium thread do you think the traffic will screw up the rest of the forum?

When Oprah started out, she was a useless man bashing cunt! She has changed her style completely and is about self empowerment and spiritual growth, over coming crap in life, and many positive things.

If you read her bio, she has over come a hell of a lot to get where she is, and she deserves a lot of respect for it. Besides making her self rich, she has helped a lot of people with her energy and money, and again, she deserves respect for it.

Jesus H Keerist are you masturbating and typing this with one hand?

Her road to riches was partially paved with the crushed testicles of men just like you and me.

This post is just not like you...

Archived