It's got to be snake season

Nervous God

Because i nearly got two on the motorbike. First on the track to monk my wife wrote the book about, 18 in or 45 cm, nice bright mottled green. Just missed it. Second was over 6ft 180cm and completely streached out across the track behind the monk's wat. It was moving fast but so was i, tried to brake but it's a dry dirt track so i couldn't slow fast enough and got it in middle of back. Always sacred they'll flick up so i swung my leg sideways. Slowed down. He kept running away so glad i didn't kill him. This one banded colours of darker green and brown.

Always snake season innit?

I remember a day a couple of years ago at Mrs LK's ma's home. She lives near the Tesco on Rama IV. Very urban. The maid was making all kinds of noise. Turns out she found a cobra just outside the back door.

She won...the cobra was impaled on a pitchfork when we got there to assess the fuss.

And I must say, the laab ngu hao mae-baan (she from Ubon) made was delicious. Yes I drank the blood as directed. Mae-baan was convinced (as was Mrs LK's family) that that would make sure we had a male child when the time came and this was a good thing...

Mrs LK, however, laughed and called me a peasant. I know she is correct, but no sense in pissing off the rest of the family, right?

You know, they've eaten all the snakes around Surin, I'm going to have to come up your way next time and go Snake Hunting for the Pot. :)

Not true....I know of snakes in Surin that haven't been eaten in years..............

Not anyone I know....per sae...

But I've heard ....Stories...

LOL

Six months ago had two cobras exploring my garden one month apart. They sneak in under the metal gate.

My dog will kill not dangerous snakes and bark from a distance to dangerous ones :up:

I pushed them out with a loooong broom.

Missed one at night driving home on motorbike, saw him last second and managed to avoid collision.

Had an innocent a few weeks ago and saved an other one from my dog just yesterday, pic still in camera.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived