'Send us cash or we'll rape her again'

Mekong

A British woman described how she was gang raped for two hours in a Thailand hotel by men who then phoned her mother to demand money.

The 23-year-old claims she was assaulted by a group of Swedes and Thais in a room near Patong Beach, in Phuket, after agreeing to go back for a party.

In a sickening phone call, her attackers told her mother back in Britain that they would rape her again unless they received money.

A friend described how the men placed a hood over her head and then laughed as they phoned her mother.

'She had gone back to the room with a Swede,' she added. 'But inside there were five others, including three Thais.

'She was raped and then one of them demanded her mother's phone number. There was laughter as one of the gang members told her mother that unless she sent money, her daughter would be raped again.

'Afterwards she went to find the Embassy official. I don't think she could even remember her attackers and I guess she was drunk.'

The woman had overstayed her visa and was working illegally, which both carry jail terms.

She had got a job on the island after answering an advertisement for 'Time-Share' sales staff but quickly became penniless after earning little commission.

It is understood that Embassy officials arranged for her medical examination, but afterwards decided it would be hopeless to attempt a prosecution.

She has now left the country.

A Foreign Office spokesman said: 'We can confirm we gave consular assistance in this case.'

In the case of sex attacks on Britons abroad the FCO is able to offer much more help than in other distress cases.

They will accompany victims to police, arrange medical treatment and examinations, and can even arrange instant loans for flights, and deal with immigration issues.

Link

Call me a cynic but this all sounds rather fishy to me.

weigh up the facts she was penniless, in violation of visa requlations and working illegaly. She was in deep shit and facing time inside beofre being deported.

So she came up with an ingenious plan of crying rape knowing the assistane the FCO give in these cases.

Why did she go to find an Embassy Official rather than go to the Police?

How did she know where to find an Embassy so late at night / early morning?

"Hopeless to attemp a procesdution" to me is basically saying the medical examination revealed no evidence of rape.

"The Friend" describing the events in the article probably was the Embassy offical who was in on it with her all along.

I would have expected to have seen comments from the distraught mother as well have heard about it in other British media before now.

Kong

Guest lazyphil

just about to post this. anyway, you raise some good points. over stayers can be nuts, i had a german borrow 200 quid off me when i 'lived' in patong, took his passport for safe keeping, 2 weeks later on not seeing him the plod came knocking on my door asking for his passport (which i'd noticed was months over his visa), had to give a statement at patong police station and saw him hehind bars, for his own protection since he owed several hotels alot of money for goods and services......i never did see my money, lesson learned haha

OH

I have just been thinking the same thing,

One moment she has alledgedly been raped has a hood ower her head in a room with 6 men, one of whom is alledgedly on the phone with her mother in the UK and the next moment in the early hours of the morning she so happens to have found an embassy official to report it to.

If some form of criminal assault ever happened against me in Thailand I would I would report it to the first BiB I saw and allow them to arrange Consular assistance back at the police station. I am sure most of us would do the same.

As for signs of Multiple Rape, as I mentioned in previous post "Hopeless to attempt Procecution" basically says no signs at all IMHO. ie it never happened.

Now whether the FCO officer was a relative or someone she bumped into and told her sob story to and for a few free fucks and a couple of blow jobs be managed to get her out of Thailand without time in IDC I am unsure. But to me he was in on it.

Young Female British Backpackers on their gap year raped and mudered in Thailand makes big news in the UK, there seems to be an incidences every year. An emotive issue and a clever way to avoid IDC and be flown back home when she was workinging illegally. overstaying visa and penniless.

Clever scam though!

just about to post this. anyway, you raise some good points. over stayers can be nuts, i had a german borrow 200 quid off me when i 'lived' in patong, took his passport for safe keeping, 2 weeks later on not seeing him the plod came knocking on my door asking for his passport (which i'd noticed was months over his visa), had to give a statement at patong police station and saw him hehind bars, for his own protection since he owed several hotels alot of money for goods and services......i never did see my money, lesson learned haha

I will not take somebody's passport for collatoral. It is too easy for them to change there story and say I stole the passport.

Archived