Mekong 1-0 HMRC

Mekong

Woo Hoo I Won Won

For over a year I have been battling HMRC (Her Majesties Revenue and Customs), UK equivalent to the US IRS about deductions taken from my income when I was in Qatar.

FFS I have not lived in the UK since 1988 and declared myself non UK resident in 1989 buit because I was working / being paid from a UK company I had to apply for NT (Non Taxable) Status again, fark knows why.

HMRC have been giving me the runaround, we never recieved this form, oh we never recieved that form and so on, total bullshit, in the end I got my accountant to take it to arbitration, hit them head on.

The court ruled in my favour on Monday and today the rebate cheque landed, 45,000 GBP (approx $72,000) plus another one for 4,500 GBP hardship allowance. The court also ruled that HMRC are responsible for my accountants fees.

Happy Days Happy Days

I am now heading off to Valencia for the weekend to celebrate, its been a hard fight but I won.

Bottom line, any Brit here who is having trouble with HMRC do not give up, they are in total disarray, it may take time. 18 months in my case, eventually they will admit to their errors.

Kong

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris thats a Bummer

The way I am working it now since I am in EU. is that I have a company registered in Switzerland. Having a registerd office in Geneva sounds good to my clients. Plus there is no disclosure.

As soon as money lands in my Swiss account it is transfered to my company in the Caymen Islands, totaly untraceable. From there I do the three threes, three banks in three differant countries and three currencies.

I got burned 3 years ago with the Icelandic banking crisis when I had an account in Isle of Man so now I have learned never to put all my eggs in the same basket.

Am I a Tax Dodger or a Cheat, hell yes it is better off in my pocket than paying for Child Support, Income Support, Tax Credits and all the other crap that goes on in the UK.

My father, an ex shop steward and Union Convener said to me after my marriage in Thailand went tits up "Well Come back to Manchester for a while" I was like hell no, I can rent a luxury penthouse in Singapore and still have change in my pocket compared to my UK Tax liabilities.

I like this game

Kong

Archived