Bangkok chat

jingjoh

Just looked at BKK chat and noticed their new disclaimer, pretty heavy threats there, wouldnt it be nice to turn up at Don Muang and find your little brother has been screwing with your pc while you are at work etc, and you get turned away from immigration!!

<<NOTE: We have been receiving far too many complaints of abusive behavior in the chatroom, the vast majority of which has been traced to young foreigners with adolescent fascination of Thai prostitutes.

This website and chatroom are not a gathering place for prostitutes and their clients. Any indication of any involvement of this type of activity or any open disrespect for Thai women, women in general or the Thai Royal Family will result in a block/ban from the website.

This chat software includes technology that allows our administrators your "ip address" which can be used to trace you to a specific machine or internet account.

Continued misbehaving in the chatroom will result in personal information about the people involved being provided to our friends at the Thai Immigration Authority. The next time you think its smart and funny to deride His Majesty or disrespect Thai women picture yourself being detained at the Don Muang International airport after a 20 hour flight and being forced to return to your own country on the next flight out at your own cost because you have been deemed "undesirable."

We are taking this behavior very seriously. Don't test us - you will lose the test. >>>

...can be used to trace you to a specific machine or internet account.

It is one thing to determine the machine messages come from. It is quite another to know who was behind the keyboard writing them. I am not advocating abusing their policy, but really, I can't see how someone could build any kind of legal case against someone just because they know a message thread originated from a certain IP.

Hi,

I agree, these are mostly empty threads. Someone determined to cause trouble could do so very easily, and get away with it. (Disclaimer: I am NOT advocating causing trouble, I do understand their concern)

I also think that the tone is rather counter productive. I would be rather pissed off reading something like this.

Sanuk!

We get back to the condrum.

The more the Sanuk scene is made known, and there is no reason why it should not be known, the more attention it will gather.

If it is gathering more attention, it will attract the "fringes" of opinion and probably some unwanted attention from spackheads and flamers or other stirrers.

A dichotomy really, tell people about it? or keep it quiet?

Sanuk!

The bangkok chat room can be a nice place for a pleasant chat or actually meeting regular girls. There seems to be a few girls offering sexual services but not too many because isn't it easier to go park oneself in front of nana or in the beer garden for a sure thing? Why would the girls want to waste money?

There does seem to be a number of male posters who are looking for sex or just get off on talking dirty because they can hide behind their keyboards. I guess to each his own....

I do hope what they say about identifying posters is true but I really believe they can't do it because I don't think you could proof it for deportation reasons.

I personally wish the sex perverts would leave this chat room alone because if too many start to appear, regular girls won't see this anymore as a good place to chat or even actually meet guys who are sincere in meeting regular girls. A number of the girls have mentioned to me they don't like the BS sex talk that some guys try to engage them in. I fear that if this steadily increases, the good regular girls won't bother anymore with this board and a nice venue for chatting/meeting will come to an end. I feel they are probably other adult boards if that is how you get off.

I have met a couple of cool and down-to-earth regular girls from this board who have become friends. It would be nice to see this board continue to be used for its original intended purpose of some innocent chatting and you never know where it might lead.

Cardinalblue

Sounds like nonsense to me.

Does anyone really think that the immigration chaps wouldn't have better things to do such as looking out for terrorists/drug smugglers/criminals/paedos/mentalists etc?

I could just see their reaction when matey from Bangkok Chat presents a list "... and this one here goes under the pseudonym ThaiGirlShagger and he made erroneous comments about Lord Toxin..."

Censoring a newspaper is a different kettle of fish.

I suppose a sensless scare to anyone willing to believe it. I have had a few people styart with me on BKKChat. Who knows who they were, or what they were. Hot girl could be some wanker in Iowa for all I know. A few "girls" did say they'd meet me here or there etc...I asked why they worked the internet rather than a service, and they said they had other jobs and couldn't be seen in public...good rational and English for an office worker...? Or some jackass pretending. As I said, we never know who is what in a chat room...

<<<I have met a couple of cool and down-to-earth regular girls from this board who have become friends. It would be nice to see this board continue to be used for its original intended purpose of some innocent chatting and you never know where it might lead.>>>

Innocent chatting is just the board's problem Cardinal.

If you can sit in front of your computer for hours on end logged into Bangkok chat and put up with all those endless tedious, badly typed, banal one-liners such as 'what country are you? and what you work bangkok? in the vain hope that it may lead somewhere - well, you're a better man than I am.

Archived