Honey Pot Soi 1

hooper

Hmmm...I get a room for 1100 or so' date=' a girl for 1500 and that is wait...2600 so yeah in the ball park...but WTF? where is this place? [/quote']

Well... except that you probably already have for a room for the night somewhere, so you're not really saving money on that part. Unless you check out of your hotel and bring your bags with you to the bar.

Well yeah, I was assuming you'd just stay there...no other hotel room etc...

Yelp' date=' that the one.

There was also a club on soi one that tried competing with the Eden Club. I think it was Club One. Remember that?

They had some interesting stuff in there. Went one day and the guy running the place told me this one lady he had working there really liked it up the ass. [/quote']

And, what did you do after hearing that or is that the end (pardon the pun) of the story :beer:

She seems like a really nice piece of tail but I didn't have the money to pay for her.

The Golden Palace was my favorite spot. What has become of her?

Dude. When? 1975? Checked that place out once in around 2005, pretty nasty. And not nearly cheap enough to be that nasty. The poor man's Miami Hotel. I was staying in nicer places in Siam Sq area for half the price.

Is that the place that used to go by the name "Happy House"?

That is what I was thinking upon reading some of the reviews...as I recall HH was across from the Golden Palace motel...or whatever it is called...

Exactly, Golden Palace. True, that place is a dive (used to be even more of one) but I have a certain fondness for it 7-8 years ago before they renovated it and jacked up the prices...used to always stay there when I was living in Ayutthya and would come down to the big city for fun...

It was 700 back in the day, if memory serves...and yeah, you had to dodge the cockroaches and the rooms smelled like smoke, but I loved the velvet paintings and mirrors in some of the rooms...when they renovated it (in 2004 or 2005 or so?) they raised the rates to 1200 or some such thing, which seemed a lot to me back then (of course, 1200 is even more now, especially if you're coming from the US!).

And btw, Golden Palace was always WAAAAY nicer than the Miami...!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived