Taking children back home for a holiday

BKexpress

Hi guys,

Need some advice please!

Is there any problems taking my children back to Australia for a holiday. I have 2 children with my Thai defacto of 12 years, they are dual passports and have travelled many times with the both parents or with just the mother.

Just wondering if i get to the airport, do they want anything like a letter of allowance from the mother?

Don't want to book tickets and arrive to find some Thai issue that stops me from flying out!

Any help would be gratefull

Cheers

Bkexpress

Not sure about LOS, my experiences are with Japan/Australia/NZ, but you should just swan on through, particularly if you have return tickets, the only time you should need permission is if you're on a list of persons of interest.

Or the mother has phoned Somchai at the airport (small attempt at humour there...).

I travelled extensively with each of my daughters and even a niece - no probs, none of their business.

BK - check with your embassy, I have read that lately a permission letter was needed!

Remember they entered Thailand on their Thai passports, so the are "Thai" when going through immigration (you go with them!)

Entering Farang land use the Farang passport - in Australia dual passports are legal but ILLEGAL to enter on the Thai passport IF they hold Aussie one.

Be good to hear the answer

Thanks, yes - would be good to hear actual event from you.

For insurance, a letter from your wife and a photo copy of her i.d. in Thai and English could be a good thing - you NEVER know what clown you may find at Immigration either Thailand OR Australia!

Yes indeed, now they have their own show on TV they act like complete tools, well, at least those one who like to keep seeing their faces on TV :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

Need some advice please!

Is there any problems taking my children back to Australia for a holiday. I have 2 children with my Thai defacto of 12 years, they are dual passports and have travelled many times with the both parents or with just the mother.

Just wondering if i get to the airport, do they want anything like a letter of allowance from the mother?

Don't want to book tickets and arrive to find some Thai issue that stops me from flying out!

Any help would be gratefull

Cheers

Bkexpress

When were the children issued a Thai passport?

Archived