Tell me about Khao San Road

TheCorinthian

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Thai girls are more hiso

Why is it that if a Thai girl is not dark and not straight off some rice farm she is called hi-so?

These girls range from working/middle class girls that have picked up a bit of English to indeed the real hi-so ones out slumming. Most you will see are best barely not free-lancers or looking for the knight on his white horse.

TH

Yep. I've chatted a few on the internet who hang out there: office girls for the most part. Also, barfined a gal from a Nana Plaza go-go last year who said she and her colleagues go there after work sometimes for fun and "if I like a guy I go with him for free". :shocked: (That said, they were "hi-so" office girls and ladies of the night. ;)

HH

The Thai girls are more hiso

Why is it that if a Thai girl is not dark and not straight off some rice farm she is called hi-so?

These girls range from working/middle class girls that have picked up a bit of English to indeed the real hi-so ones out slumming. Most you will see are best barely not free-lancers or looking for the knight on his white horse.

TH

Hmm, I cannot recall stereotyping Hiso girls as dark skinned or white skinned, nor discussed their level of socio-economic background ... I was just referring to Hiso girls per se :beer:

I was unaware that Hiso only referred to either colour or socioeconomic background, I thought it was just about their wealth or glam lifestyle, you learn something everyday :beer:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi-So women? In Khao San Road? 5555555

Not being an obvious whore does not automatically make a woman Hi-So. More like So-So.

That said, an average Hi-So women is generally not worthwhile -- she'll have a spoilt attitude, cost you way more, and probably won't be any less shallow and vapid than her maid.

Archived