Three teens arrested for fatal brawl

Coss

SCHOOLS CLOSED AFTER 7-11 STUDENT CLASH

Police have arrested three of the six suspects implicated in a student brawl that left one teenager dead in Pathum Thani.

Khlong Luang district police chief Permkiet Suriyawong said the three arrested suspects are students at Dusit Technology School in Kannayao district and have been identified by their nicknames of Beer, Bank and Mai.

The fatal fight, which was filmed by a security camera, took place in a 7-Eleven store in Pathum Thani's Khlong Luang district on Thursday.

The camera footage showed six suspects involved in the brawl, with two of them armed with knives and guns.

The students' rivals are believed to attend Pathum Thani Technology College in that province's Muang district.

Police are seeking warrants for the arrests of the other suspects.

Ratanasen Kammala, 18, a third-year Pathum Thani Technology College student, was shot dead in the store and a first-year student, 16-year-old Nattawut Kunee, was seriously wounded in the confrontation. The Education Ministry has ordered the two vocational schools closed for a week following the fatal brawl.

Charnwit Thapsuwan, director of the Office of the Private Education Commission director (Opec), said the ministry has threatened to shut down both schools for an additional week if a row erupts again.

Students from the two institutes have clashed several times.

Mr Charnwit said the schools had been ordered to increase security and keep a closer eye on students.

Ratanasen's mother, Saifon Kammala, retrieved her son's body from Thammasat University Hospital yesterday.

She said authorities should do more to tackle the problem of student brawls, as they have already resulted in several deaths.

"I'm asking to parents to help control their children so they will not cause others sadness," she said.

"I believe my son will not be the last victim," she said.

Ministry staff will meet representatives from both institutes tomorrow to discuss measures to avoid a repeat of the incident.

They will also call a meeting with six other vocational schools whose students have been involved in brawls.

The Opec director said students who commit acts of violence lack a sense of social responsibility.

He believed they may be suffering from mental problems and require professional treatment.

Link

I continue to blame violent western films (and now more and more, thai films) that glorify, albeit not intended in most cases, gang violence ... also, action films where people seem to punch each other for ages and only have a few bruises and cut lips, when we all know one punch can kill.

Such a tragic loss of a young person's life :rip:

Hi,

This has been going on for decades, and I doubt influence from movies has anything to do with it.

Sanuk!

I agree, it may have been happening for ages, violence has been around since the dawn of time, it's just the prevalence of it now in so called modern societies, and how people, even young people, just pick up a knife or lay the boot into someone when they are on the ground or 10 Thais beat up one drunken farang in soi cowboy ... just my two bob's worth :beer:

Shut the damned schools PERMANENTLY when this happens. That is the only way to stop it. Once students realise the arseholes will cause them all trouble, they themselves will control it.

Ozzie, this crap has been going on for decades. Western films have nothing to do with it. It was an old story when I got here 38 years ago. I hardly think these punks watch western films anyway. I saw a student attack myself once in the mid 1980s.

Guest lazyphil

very few violent movies around in the uk around the time of the mods and rockers fighting or rival football hooligans all across europe in the 70's and 80's....

Seen it up close and personal, Suk Soi 95 area. One gang of school punks chasing a lone lad from another school. All had large knives and machetes in hand! Knocking the old floks out of the way, fark, these punks were only 14 ~ 15 y.o.

Nasty, stupid and a great way to screw up the rest of your life~!

Archived