House painters (interior)

Pom Michael

Anyone know of a good crew of house painters?

Guys that actually have their own equipment (spray paint rig) - and most importantly - know why a drop cloth is important to use!

Found a new crew for electrical work - they were excellent and not too pricey for the quality of the work.

PM,

I've renovated / restored / rebuilt quite a few places over the years.....Really don't think Spray is a good option for inside....unless it's EMPTY....a shell and you are going to lay new floor coverings...

Spray is a tad messy.....stick to brush & roller IMHO

Just my 2c

Well, it is empty - have stripped the entire condo out to the bare shell - all furniture, cabling, etc... removed.

So that part is ok - but now a days the new spray rigs are pretty good - but also cannot find one.

Brush/Rollers would be ok - but again need someone who knows what masking tape/drop cloths are for - I don't want to be the one taking paint off all the wrong places!

I've done whatever painting I needed over the years by myself. The Thai painters I've seen in action make the Three Stooges look professional. But I've had Thais look at something I did in amazement and ask ... "Who taught you to do that?" Uh, taught what? You buy the paint, buy the brushes, mix the paint - and paint.

p.s. Drop cloth is not in the Thai painters' vocubalry. Neither is masking things you don't want to get painted. :p

If thai painters are messy with a brush and roller imagine what disaster awaits anyone who lets them near an air compressor and paint spray...

Preparation is key.. clean, sand (if necessary) and paint. For best results do it yourself and take your time

Archived