something different

hooper

Coming down to BKK this weekend bored with all the normal stuff eden and so on anyone have a suggestion something a bit special i know this is a strange request i guess i will end up trying saphan kwai?whats the close station?i think there is a saphan kwai station

I used to take newbies out there, had some great nights.

From the BTC you can see a "Big C"

walk past the Big C heading back to the city direction, take the first left, it then dog legs around.

Now your in the road and can see all the bars,

My old fav was I think called something no 2 bar. Back when nude dancing was banned for farangs they had a sex show there.

Drinks are much cheaper than cowboy etc, food is also available and fun to eat,

I've never had problems with Thais, it seems to start a little earlier, getting there around 8/9pm is fine

Coming down to BKK this weekend bored with all the normal stuff eden and so on anyone have a suggestion something a bit special i know this is a strange request i guess i will end up trying saphan kwai?whats the close station?i think there is a saphan kwai station
There is a Saphan Kwai skytrain station and a quick Bing search found a satellite photo map complete with directions from the station to the gogo bar street. "saphan kwai skytrain" will get you relevant results.

Saphan Kwai...been there 2 or 3 times. Been hit and miss, but definitely different. Best if you go there with a Thai speaker, unless you can speak Thai at least so-so. Remember, the girls who sit with you charge by the hour. Not expensive, but if you let some gal sit down who you did not invite, you'll still get charged from the second her ass hits the plastic.

I never had any probs with the Thai's either. Most seemed kind of amused at farang presence. You don't buy the girls a drink normally. They share what you're drinking. Not to say you cant buy them something. I think the drink prices for the girls are the same as for you.

Not nearly the quantity or quality as at go-go's, very few speak ANY English. Pay bar up front for take out. That is, barfine AND girl's pay. Usually, a mamasan can speak some English.

Contrary to Nervous God's experience, I found the place absolutely DEAD at 10 p.m. on a Friday night.

There are some real cuties in some of the places and short time hotels in the area.

You can print out the attached for a taxi. Don't think it would cost too much from lower Sukhumbit. Maybe 100-150 baht.

HH

What he said, haha.

I definitely wouldn't go there if I couldn't speak Thai. I was there once with a girl I knew well from Pattaya who used to dance there, so she knew literally everybody in every bar, and who owned what (the biggest gogo we went in was cop-owned, and filled with "off-duty" ones).

I wasn't too impressed overall; it was okay. We were looking for a girl to take, btw, but didn't find anyone to suit our collective fancy. I'm betting most of the girls working in Saphan Khwai have Thai boyfriends at home and thus will only do ST at one of the hotels nearby...

• 3 weeks later...

This largely echoes everything said here:

http://www.orientexpat.com/thailand-nightlife/saphan-kwai

Even if I could speak more Thai, it just doesnt sound that alluring - I know several places where I can sit by myself with a large bottle of Singha for a hundred baht, and being the only one in a bar has never really lit my fuse, but horses for courses.

Archived