US saving the world and going down the tubes!!

lifeline

I heard it was either all the IRS income tax paid that was used to fun the US military machine or just all the corporate income tax paid.

Whichever, it is a pile of money!

Of course I made my own little pile of money working for the war machine, so me be just calling the kettle black :dunno:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<

Our economy is dependent on wars and the sale of weapons.>>

I am probably more against the USA war machine than anyone' date=' but got any links to that?[/quote']

I think put differently there is plenty of evidence of the enormous spending of the US on war rather than weapons alone.

I think alone the US spends almost as much as the rest of the world put together.

Just don't get sick.

According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) Yearbook 2010 the US spends about 43% or world total of military expenditure.

SIPRI from Wiki

But go ahead think whatever you want.

TH

It was actually 46.5% (almost half)....not sure of your point.

Be careful about using wiki you'll have Corinthian on your case.

It took ten secounds to look up just to make sure I was right.

Why do you make this stuff up when you know you will 1) look like an idiot and 2) we will call you on it and you will look like an idiot???

The correct medical term is Fox News Syndrome.

It has now turned into an ordinary colloquialism. In general terms for those who prefer to pick and choose facts, use some small facts and ignore the bigger facts, mix opinion with some facts, refer to obscure and obtuse facts, rely solely on opinions that claim to be fact based, quotes from people who claim to be experts but have little credentials in subject matter, and outright lies and falsehoods.

This Fox News Syndrome can be treated medically but it can never be cured. Years of too much alchohol and cigarettes have just damaged cells in the parts of the brain that controls reasoning.

It was actually 46.5% (almost half)....not sure of your point.

Be careful about using wiki you'll have Corinthian on your case.

Oh I dont doubt that number is right.

The US is hands down the best equipped, best paid, best trained, best taken care of military in the world. I would expect it to be the most expensive. I imagine we send more on an Air Craft Carrier than Thailand spends on it hole military in 5 years.

I rarely agree with Corinthian but gotta agree here.

Motor Vehicle and food conglomerates I would think as the biggest.

Textiles and petroleum products are the big ones. Tobacco and food up there too. I think weapons are like 11th or 20th.

[color:red]What kills me is this is like the umpteenth time BKT has just made shit up.[/color] I am getting tired of calling him on it but damn' date=' the boy just cant quit lying to us![/quote']

PC TheCorinthian as a PC person you 'forgot' once more to document your sources. Now why don't you [color:red]'go and do the right thing'[/color]? [color:pink]

I am not sure to whom you refer.

Do the right thing? Like admit you made up the weapons thing?

PC TheCorinthian, you claimed I am wrong but I find it hard to believe that a PC person like yourself can claim other manufacturing industries are ranked higher in their manufacturing without providing any data.

Being you are a PC person, why [color:red]'don't you go and do the right thing'[/color] by posting data to support your point of view?

You accuse me of not providing data but the great PC TheCorithian doesn't provide data himself.

[color:red]Sounds like hypocrisy to me don't you agree?[/color][color:pink]

Define "PC."

And yes, you should do the right thing and quit lying to us and making things up.

What is the #1 product manufactured in the US again?

Look it up for your self as opposed to lying to us about it. I did. So did NvG.

PC TheCorinthian calm down. We don't want you passing out. Now [color:red]"do the right thing and go look up what PC means".[/color] As a PC man, you got to realize if you impose PC philosophy on others then you should follow the PC code or you might start looking hypocrical to the rest of the world.

Archived